New AT&T Navigator

geemanaz

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
659984.jpg

9.99/mo subscription charged on your AT&T wireless bill. Cancel at any time*.

Named "Consumer Navigation Application of the Year" by Frost & Sullivan

AT&T Navigator transforms your iPhone 3G and 3GS into a voice-guided GPS navigation system for traveling across the country and just across town.

For iPhone 3G with 3.0 OS and iPhone 3G S

Features:
? Voice-guided and 3D onscreen GPS navigation keeps your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road
? Automatic rerouting will get you there even if you miss a turn
? Regular map updates are automatic and included so you never have to purchase updates.
? Real-time traffic updates and one click rerouting saves you time on your daily commute
? Searching for gas by price saves you money at the pump
? Enter an address from your iPhone or from the convenience of your computer before leaving home. Search AT&T Navigator for the closest coffee house, ATM or Wi-Fi hotspot along with ratings from a listing of over 10 million business listings.

$9.99/mo subscription. The monthly fee will appear on your AT&T wireless bill.

*Note: Deleting the app from your iPhone does not stop the monthly subscription charge. To cancel the subscription and fee you must go online at att.com/directbill or call AT&T at (800) 331-0500

Buy it now oniTunes Store

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Omg... thanks for sharing. This is what I've been waiting for!

Aside from bbm, this is probably the only thing I use on a constant basis.

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
hrmm. another 9 a month app for turn-by-turn.

hope when ever tomtom get's theirs out they take a different approach.

or something comes along for people who would like to use such apps but dont need them regularly..

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Gmap is looking better all the time. Xroad US East is really all I think I might need. Just maps stored on the device.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrmm. another 9 a month app for turn-by-turn.

hope when ever tomtom get's theirs out they take a different approach.

or something comes along for people who would like to use such apps but dont need them regularly..

I agree, I very rarely use nav now as it is but when I go out of town i may need it. Just seems like an un needed expense when I can just get by with the directions the map's app that came with the phone can do anyways.

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree, I very rarely use nav now as it is but when I go out of town i may need it. Just seems like an un needed expense when I can just get by with the directions the map's app that came with the phone can do anyways.

yup. heck 9 times outa 10 im near a computer and just print it out as it stands right now since it's still easier to read off a sheet of paper. then to fiddle with unlocking my phone and hoping i dont close the app out accidently :p

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
yup. heck 9 times outa 10 im near a computer and just print it out as it stands right now since it's still easier to read off a sheet of paper. then to fiddle with unlocking my phone and hoping i dont close the app out accidently :p

+1000 to that !! Hate when my iphone locks, and i need to start all over for whatever I was doing....lol:D

macdripper

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I think $9 additional for turn by turn navigation is too much already! Shouldn't ATT just give iPhone users a one time fee and that's it. I will be patient to wait for the official release of their navigation sofware for the iPhone hoping it would be cheaper.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I think $9 additional for turn by turn navigation is too much already! Shouldn't ATT just give iPhone users a one time fee and that's it. I will be patient to wait for the official release of their navigation sofware for the iPhone hoping it would be cheaper.

Isn't the AT&T Navigator the "official software" for the iphone? I'm cornfused now lol

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I want a turn by turn nav that installs the maps on drive not "stream" it. You loose your signal your screwed, why I like Tom Tom.

Last edited:

Rancid

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I miss about my Verizon LG Dare is the VZ Navigator. Great program and the $9.99 monthly fee was rolled into an "everything" plan. My new 3GS really needs turn-by-turn!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The navigation engine behind AT&T Navigation is Telenav, and it beats TomTom 6 ways to Sunday. If you lose your signal, you will still get your turn by turn unless you go off course and the app has to correct.

It does seem that you need a texting plan to use this though - that seems a little odd.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I would like AT&T to do something like Sprint did with the PRE. They are including a NAV app like this for FREE! That is a nice feature.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
The navigation engine behind AT&T Navigation is Telenav, and it beats TomTom 6 ways to Sunday. If you lose your signal, you will still get your turn by turn unless you go off course and the app has to correct.

It does seem that you need a texting plan to use this though - that seems a little odd.

I believe that is incorrect.. let me find the review. There was somewhere I read about the difference, locating it. I have a standalone Tom Tom Go 720 and it rocks.. never fails me.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh