I've been using the free AIM app. Anyone have an opinion on BeeJive($9.99) or IM+($5.99) ? It's hard to tell from the reviews in the app store, and I'm sort of torn. Is the extra money worth it for BeeJive?
    06-23-2009 09:43 AM
    I hear BeeJive is best.
    06-23-2009 09:45 AM
    I'm in the same boat
    06-23-2009 09:45 AM
    What's keeping me from going Beejive is that IM+ has skype and twitter...and of course saving a few pennies doesn't hurt.
    06-23-2009 09:46 AM
    Nobody has some input on this?

IE: How is Skype on IM+? Does either have landscape keyboard/if they do, does it work well? How are the push notifications so far?

I realize some of this info may be available in pieces elsewhere, but couldn't find a decent review/comparison of the two.
    06-23-2009 11:55 AM
    I have both because IM+ made me mad the other night!

Right now IM+ push notification release hasn't come through the app store. I think BeeJive loads faster and seems to hold connectivity and establish connectivity better.

I personally prefer the IM+ interface (except for the accounts which I prefer in BeeJive).

Both seem to have landscape options in the settings. With IM+ you can lock it to one or the other, not sure about BeeJive.

I haven't used Skype. IM+ has twitter, though, so I'm hoping that will work for me better than my current twitter reader.

As of right now I prefer BeeJive
    06-23-2009 12:25 PM
    I have both, as well. I think they are both great, one is cheaper and it has Twitter. Get more, pay less.
    06-23-2009 12:58 PM
    I've never used IM+. Beejive is great though. It does have a landscape keyboard that works well. And so far, push has been great. It's been instant, and hasn't failed yet. (knock on wood)
    06-23-2009 01:13 PM
    I'm not getting notifications from Facebook chat with BeeJive. Isn't it supposed to show you online and then send notification when someone wants to chat?
    06-23-2009 04:25 PM
    I decided to pick up IM+ and take the hit on waiting for push. I could barely justify paying $6 for the convenience of having all my major social networking apps in one, along with Skype, let alone the same features minus Skype for $10.
    06-24-2009 08:38 AM
    BeeJive has been removed from the APP Store, too many bugs?

Beejive has been taken down from the App Store, were not quite sure why yet, but quite possibly its because it simply has too many bugs. After using it for the past couple of days, weve found it to be very buggy, and we wouldnt be surprised if Apple, or customer complaints led to its removal until bugs are ironed out.
    I suppose that makes my decision much easier.. IM+ here I come.
    06-24-2009 08:56 AM
    BeeJive has been removed from the APP Store, too many bugs?

I suppose that makes my decision much easier.. IM+ here I come.
    It's still up in my App Store.
    06-24-2009 09:01 AM
    My bad, I read that on theiphoneuserguide blog. I see it on the App store as well.
    06-24-2009 10:09 AM
    I started using AIM Free Edition yesterday to text my wife. It works well. No landscape keyboard. Push notifications are quick and work very well.

Overall, it works for us since we will only text each other about 1-2 times a day while at work. We have not added other buddies so Beejive is not an option at the moment.

Start free. If that doesn't work, buy something that does.
    06-24-2009 10:50 AM
    I started using AIM Free Edition yesterday to text my wife. It works well. No landscape keyboard. Push notifications are quick and work very well.

Overall, it works for us since we will only text each other about 1-2 times a day while at work. We have not added other buddies so Beejive is not an option at the moment.

Start free. If that doesn't work, buy something that does.
    Agreed - I started with the AIM Free edition, but wanted to bump up for more features/support for Facebook/Twitter. I also like the option to use Skype, though I haven't tried it out yet.
    06-24-2009 11:23 AM
    You can receive push for up to 3 days on IM+ without entering the App, nice! That is when the Apple finally releases the update.
    06-24-2009 01:48 PM
    Wow. I believe it's only 24 for Beejive.
    06-24-2009 02:07 PM
    You can receive push for up to 3 days on IM+ without entering the App, nice! That is when the Apple finally releases the update.
    Yeah, i'm really waiting on the push update. Push on AIM (Free) worked great. Occasionally received double-push notifications, but meh. Either way!
    06-24-2009 03:45 PM
    Will IM+ Lite have push? If so then why should I bother paying for the full version?
    06-24-2009 10:04 PM
    Why would you want to keep it active for 3 days if you're not logging in at least once?

BeeJive > IM+

Always and forever for my uses. AIM.
    06-24-2009 10:50 PM
    AIM does have a free version with ads.
    06-24-2009 11:31 PM
    BeeJive > IM+

Always and forever for my uses. AIM.
    Why is that? Could you expand?

And thanks for pointing me to this thread.
    07-20-2009 01:09 AM
    I like Beejive. It has all the IM chats I use...MSN, Yahoo, Facebook and Gmail. Nice simple UI.
    07-20-2009 01:56 PM
    Have to say I like Beejive the best. I got IM+ while on sale right when PNS updates were coming out. It's OK but Beejive lets you send texts as well through AIM and combines lots of messengers. I got Beejive and like it much more. I've done tests and it's PNS is very fast. Appeared to be the same speed when a friend sent me a text through AIM and it came through on Beejive.

Also has allowed me to cut my text plan down to 200 a month instead of 1500.
    07-20-2009 02:19 PM
    Why is that? Could you expand?

And thanks for pointing me to this thread.
    Sorry I didn't respond, but I'm actually switching to IM+.

A few reasons...

• It's $5
    • Push Twitter (as well as being able to post to Twitter)
    • I like the UI better (this is very subjective and can be different for you)
    • Reliable. Never thought I'd say this, but BeeJive's push has been flaky. Sometimes I wouldn't receive them and I'd have messages waiting when I loaded it.
    • The Push Notifications are on the money. Had both running and received IM+ first, every time.

I had chosen BeeJive before going off of the BlackBerry versions. I took a dive and bought IM+ and couldn't be happier. I never thought the day would come when I thought IM+ was better.
    08-04-2009 12:22 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD