Beejive IM 3.0 Update in App Store

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I don't see it? I never owned it before, but with push I'm now thinking about it since I have many people on gTalk. Is this only as an update right now? I still see 2.1.0.

Also, if I buy it now for $9.99 on 2.1 will I get a free update to 3.0 or are they selling this as a new app?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
What I had to do was delete from my phone and download it again from the app store on the phone. It says it's the old version but it's actually for 3.0. It's a free update.

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
When I delete the app, and then go into the AppStore via the phone, I have to re-purchase the app. Button says $9.99.

[edit]
Sync'd back up with iTunes to get Beejive back on. The I went to the AppStore via the phone and went to check for updates and it appeared.

***celebrates with joy***

Push it good!

Last edited:

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine showed up as an update along with AIM. Everything loads much faster it's as if it's running in the background with push notifications enabled. Great job Beejive team and apple for making push work as intended!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Cool, just bought it! As soon as it started downloading it showed the correct version. Guess it's just a bug in the the iTunes store since it just got pushed out.

betobena

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
im about to have a nervouse break down i have a unlocked/jailbroken iphone 2g and i already updated aim and beejive and still do not get push notifications anyone having this problem??? please help!

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
So the way beejive works, at least for gtalk, is if you are signed in on the phone and the computer and you send a message from the phone then all return messages go to the phone and not the computer. If the last message you send is from the computer then it goes to the computer.

One thing I liked about AIM Beta was that I could be signed in on AIM on the computer as well as the phone and didn't have to remember to sign out on the PC to get messages to the phone. Any option to enable this in Beejive?

sbrianw

Jun 6, 2009
twitter.com
There seems to be a problem with logging into Yahoo messenger through the beejive update. Anybody seeing that? I have done all the reinstall stuff, and keep getting this message: "Connection failed on all fallback ports."

Words of wisdom, anybody?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Everyone I've talked to since the update is having issues logging onto Yahoo. Might just require some "adjustment time."

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If anyone is having issues logging into your accounts - did you delete your app from the phone or simply update the app? If you just updated delete the app completely from your phone and reinstall it. I'll put money on it that is your issue.

(It happened to me with AIM...)

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
If anyone is having issues logging into your accounts - did you delete your app from the phone or simply update the app? If you just updated delete the app completely from your phone and reinstall it. I'll put money on it that is your issue.

(It happened to me with AIM...)

No, that didn't work. Wonder what's up?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner