3.0 Apps w/ Push

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
As of now, there are only a few apps that support the new 3.0 OS that takes advantage of Push. Does anyone know of more apps that will be supporting push (I'd really like to see Facebook)? Also, does anyone know if the standard "Mail" app that comes with the iPhone will at some point be Push enabled?

Thanks,
Matt

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I know AIM will have push but I think they are still in testing. Beejive, another instant messaging application.

Over time, more apps will have push. I honestly think that all the apps should have created and sent out their apps with push when 3.0 came out.

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I know AIM will have push but I think they are still in testing. Beejive, another instant messaging application.

Over time, more apps will have push. I honestly think that all the apps should have created and sent out their apps with push when 3.0 came out.

Yeah man I know. That's what I was thinking. It's kind of the same thing as releasing a Playstation 4 without any PS4 games to play it on, right? I can understand not all apps having Push right out of the gate, but the major ones... come on...

I kind of knew about those IM ones, but how do people find out about that? Is there a site that lists the stages dev teams are at with their apps/updates or is it basically all just word of mouth?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Yeah man I know. That's what I was thinking. It's kind of the same thing as releasing a Playstation 4 without any PS4 games to play it on, right? I can understand not all apps having Push right out of the gate, but the major ones... come on...

I kind of knew about those IM ones, but how do people find out about that? Is there a site that lists the stages dev teams are at with their apps/updates or is it basically all just word of mouth?

EX-ACT-LY. That's really sad. But AIM needs to most improvement of all. AOL's AIM is the flagship application and they haven't pushed out an update in all this time.

Well, I've heard of the AIM push from here on TiPB.

keyl

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to see multitasking, but push will have to do for now. I can't wait for the IM apps to get approved by Apple. That's the only thing I could imagine using it for.

Manny04

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
LOL so for anyone who waited long hours to download 3.0 (like myself) is pretty much a loser because nothing new happened if you think about it... aside from landscape and a few tweaks in speed, it is currently pointless until apps hook it up with push, etc.

Frustrated... Cuz I use hotmail as my email and it doesnt send push to them. Which really pisses me off! FML LOL

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Landscape keyboard wasn't nearly the only new feature we received, but point taken. The push notifications feature was one of the big ones and Apple has failed to hold up their end so far. We'll see how long it takes for these updates to get approved, and then we'll have to see how well they work.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
I'm really disappointed about the lack of push apps on release, since this is not really a 3.0 feature, but a 2.0 feature that Apple failed to deliver already.

However, I don't think 3.0 was a waste of time at all. On 3GS launch day I was liveblogging from my place in line at the Apple Store, and copy/paste alone was invaluable.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Now that BeeJive is push, my list is only the following:

Tweetdeck, Facebook and ESPN SportCenter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73