IM apps with Push Notification

SuperTrouper

Jun 1, 2009
www.twitter.com
Does anyone know any instant messaging applications with Push Notification?

IM+ says it does but it doesn't seem to be giving me any kind of alerts that I have messages waiting.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
BeeJive is going to be releasing their update for push soon.

I dont buy many apps (let alone 10.00+ apps), but BeeJive is 100 percent worth it!

DoLphin#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
IM+ 3.1 - push notifications supported

Push notifications will be supported in IM+ v. 3.1 which is currently submitted for testing in App Store.

Muero

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
AIM Beta 3.0.1.5 (available to registered iPhone developers only) has push notifications, so I'd imagine they will be releasing AIM 3.x soon (if it hasn't bee submitted already), but may just have a few more bugs to work out.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
I think it's a minor botched launch (nothing compared to last year's debacle!) that they have almost no apps push-capable in the App Store upon release. I mean, really, the only well-known app with push is Tap Tap Revenge, and I can't figure out WTF it would need notifications for!

I'm sure apps are either stuck in the queue or testing now that the push servers are fully up, but isn't that why they had so much more developer access in the 3.0 beta? So that they could make sure their apps, including push, were ready to go?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a minor botched launch (nothing compared to last year's debacle!) that they have almost no apps push-capable in the App Store upon release. I mean, really, the only well-known app with push is Tap Tap Revenge, and I can't figure out WTF it would need notifications for!

I'm sure apps are either stuck in the queue or testing now that the push servers are fully up, but isn't that why they had so much more developer access in the 3.0 beta? So that they could make sure their apps, including push, were ready to go?

Agree. You can also be sure that Apple is totally flooded with apps to review since everyone is upgrading to 3.0 to add push support, embedded maps, and all kinds of new stuff. Might be a month or more before many of these things become common. So far only a few are squeezing through. I thought AIM would at least be up and going right now but no update yet. The app store is also hit or miss right now, when I try to login to write a review of an app it just keeps repeating asking me to login again. Sometimes downloads just stop or the store just hangs and goes no where.

TheCarBlogger

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
IM+ is not working for me after 3.0. I can open it, but it shuts down when I send a message. Totally useless at the moment.

BTW, how is Tweetdeck compared to Twitterfon? :p

cnarchet

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
When is BeeJive 3.0 coming out??? I want to try out this push notification. I have AP Mobile and I woke up this morning w/ a breaking news alert but I didn't hear the alert. My phone was plugged in right by my pillow and I usually hear when text messages come in.

antonioj

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
Push for twitter notifications would only be for DMs and Mentions. Be real.

Regarding AIM, IM+, and Beejive, all have subimed updates with push notifications LONG AGO. Something is not right.

IMO, Apple is once again failing on us...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh man, that could be DANGEROUS :D (in an I already check it enough sorta way). If I could get push notifications just for certain users though that would be fantastic.

unfortunately I don't think that will be done.
I think the popular method for twitter clients will be badges. Or badges that only count your @replies

May 6, 2009
Visit site
IM + works fine for me. I had it set up so it would send me an email if I received an IM from someone. I do hate how it doesn't give me realtime alerts like Beejive does.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner