OS 3.0: Broken/Incompatible Apps Thread

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This, to me, is the most important determinant on whether to upgrade today. I'd appreciate any info on broken or incompatible apps you guys hit post-upgrade. Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There was another thread like this all through the beta. You could check that one, as most apps have already been fixed.

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. Unfortunately not one of the apps mentioned is one I'd care about. Can anyone comment on the following list?

AroundMe
BookShelf
Darkroom Premium
Discover
Evernote
eWallet
Facebook
Fizz Weather
iPhlix
iStockManager
Loopt
Mint
Mover
SmugShot
SmugWallet
SugarSync
Translator
TravTracker
TripIt
Urbanspoon
vlingo
Wikipanion
Yelp

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Of those, the only ones I've ever used are Facebook, Urban Spoon, and Yelp.

OH! And Mover. Though does it really matter if we lose Mover? Its functionality is built into the new OS.
(I suppose it would be a pain in the butt if you needed to share something with a person who hadn't upgraded...)

JDSX

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Of those, the only ones I've ever used are Facebook, Urban Spoon, and Yelp.

OH! And Mover. Though does it really matter if we lose Mover? Its functionality is built into the new OS.
(I suppose it would be a pain in the butt if you needed to share something with a person who hadn't upgraded...)
You mean you used them in 3.0 and they worked? That's what I need to establish before upgrading.

gary_gnu

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
That wasn't what I meant, but I've tried them now. No problems. :)

Mover worked fine... but I didn't have anyone to push something to, so it was hardly a complete test.

jefftb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've read of several problems with Facebook. (read the discussions on Facebook's discuss board on the iphone app)

Personally, I've not been able to msg anyone with the chat feature on Facebook since upgrading. I am getting an error. I've read the camera is not working in Facebook either, but I've not tried that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR