Missed Call / Text Notification

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
In August my TMobile account is out of contract and I can move to whatever I want.

With coverage out where I am ( Northern most end of Los Angeles county in California ), Sprint is hit or miss, as is TMobile, AT&T is solid and Verizon is solid.

Between AT&T and Verizon, I like the iPhone and with my girlfriend also on AT&T I can get the cheapest voice plan for AT&T and still end up saving some money over what I pay TMobile right now for data, text and the number of minutes I burn.

Ok, all that said, I text....a lot, I call...moderately. I miss a lot of texts due to meetings, just not hearing the phone, in the shower, whatever.

My current phone has a pretty little blinking orange LED for when I have a missed text/call/voicemail, whatever the case may be.

I know the iPhone doesn't have this type of external notification, and when the screen goes to sleep, you have to repeatedly unlock and check your notifications.

How has everyone solved this problem? Is it not a problem for you b/c you always play with your phone? Did you jailbreak it to add an app that could support this, is this something that is supportable with 3.0/ iPhone 3GS?

Thanks in advance :)

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Jailbreak use intelliscreen.

However if you're new, you'll have the 3.0 software unless you get one like tomorrow lol. There isn't a jailbreak yet for 3.0 released

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I won't be on the iPhone until the beginning of August, I don't expect the jailbreakers to take too long to figure out how to work around OS 3.0.

I guess the first time I do after activation will be jailbreakification. *shrug* Was hoping to stay "clean" but the programmer in me is just itching to break it free anyways. LOL

Thanks for your input, I've been looking at intelliscreen, it definitely has the features I want....and a lot more.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a question for those that do use Intelliscreen.

How do the missed _____ alerts work?

Does the phone ever go to "sleep" and then is awoken with a sound or vibrate or whatever you configure or does intelliscreen keep the phone from actually going to sleep?

I've been digging through review after review, video demos, etc and none of them really show how the alerts work.

I'm used to my HTC Touch that has the blinking LCD to indicate I missed something, but I still have to turn on the screen to see what I missed. Turning on the screen to see what I missed, I'm totally great with, and if the Intelliscreen wakes the phone on specified intervals to do the alert notification specified I think this is exactly the app I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.

aureatenova

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
You set it for how often you want it to remind you (I do 30 seconds) and it'll chime. If you mean go to sleep as in the screen urning off, then yes it does go to sleep. When you turn the screen back on it'll tell you what you missed. It's a really good program

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. One of the most useful features on my Blackberry Bold is the LED. I am able to assign different colors for different kinds of alerts (Green=texts, Blue=work email, White=personal email, etc). These is another example of all the usability features the iphone lacks which makes the BB a better choice for power users (i.e business use). That being said, I have both an iphone and BB.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2