Hmmm, so I've used twitterfon, tweetie, and twitterific, and just downloaded twitterena today.

For only .99, this is a REALLY good twitter client.

They've got 5 pretty cool themes to choose from.

Clouds
    Rainbow
    Stars
    Lights Out (dark black theme)
    Plain (light blue theme)

It seems like it's really quick to update, and it's got an auto landscape keyboard. That's one feature I'm really liking about this app!

I haven't really experimented too much, but from what I can see, most options are available. One thing I don't see is multiple account support, which may be the only con I see, but as I only use 1 twitter account, this isn't an issue for me.

You can do @replies to multiple people very easily, which I really like, that tweetie lacked. That's the only thing that bugged me about tweetie. If I'm trying to @reply to more than 1 person, it's a pain to have to go look and remember all their user names, especially if some users have numbers in them.

This also seems like it will make follow fridays a lot easier!

The owner also has a youtube channel where he posts videos of features in the new versions, which can be found here:

YouTube - twitterena's Channel

Looks like this is version 2.3, and version 2.4 has already been submitted and should be up soon. He also shows at the end of the video that he is already working on 2.5. Looks like a good developer and a good start to me!

I think I'll stick with this one for a bit.

If anyone else downloads, be sure to share your thoughts!!

Here are some screen shots under the Stars theme (I really like this one a lot!)

1st part of the settings menu:

2nd half of the settings menu:

Search and get trends:

Auto landscape keyboard, just rotate! You don't have to choose landscape or regular like in Tweetie and other clients!:

Vertical keyboard with all the shortcuts:

Main view (starry theme):

@reply view:

It may not integrate instapaper and all these other pic clients some do, but I always use twitpic and never use instapaper for anything, so for casual users who just like an easy to use client that's organized very well, I think this is perfect!!
    06-04-2009 03:19 PM
    Neat. I'm using tweetie and tweetmic. Tweetmic makes posting swear-ridden rant posts while stuck in traffic nice and easy. Everybody gets to hear my wrath from traffic on the 57.
    06-04-2009 04:21 PM
    Nice find. For $.99 I'm willing to try another Twitter client!
    06-04-2009 04:44 PM
    Nice find. For $.99 I'm willing to try another Twitter client!
    I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! I found it very easy to navigate.

I would say in order of preference right now, I'd say...

Twitterena
    Tweetie
    Twitterfon
    Twitterific

I've never used Twittelator, but I hear it's good.

The thing that turns me off from a lot of them is the layouts are so darned hard to navigate. It's like you have to relearn how to use twitter again. Twitterific's layout needs some serious work (IMO anyways).

I just started using Twitterena right away, the interface is just so clean. It's like you don't have to learn how to do anything, it's just obvious what you do.

I did however find one little glitch, when u turn the phone into landscape when tweeting, the top row of buttons is hidden, not a big deal, I just rotate it the other way to upload a pic or add replies.
    06-04-2009 05:19 PM
    Well you have managed to cost me another $.99. But WOW - what a great Twitter client! This makes my 3rd pay Twitter app, but it is really nice.

I just don't get why so many iPhone apps have the Preferences located in the iPhone Settings instead of within the app itself.
    06-04-2009 07:48 PM
    Well you have managed to cost me another $.99. But WOW - what a great Twitter client! This makes my 3rd pay Twitter app, but it is really nice.

I just don't get why so many iPhone apps have the Preferences located in the iPhone Settings instead of within the app itself.
    Yeah, I never got that either. I'm assuming maybe as an easy way to manage the settings for all your apps in 1 spot so you don't have to go looking on your home pages for them if you're configuring several ones. I have no idea. I have about 16 apps that do that.
    06-05-2009 01:07 AM
    I'll try the twitterena one, but I use tweetie right now and I love it. It also allows you to use the landscape setting. There was one twitter application that I tried and every tweet I got my iphone would start chirping. It had to go.
    06-05-2009 07:42 PM
    I'll try the twitterena one, but I use tweetie right now and I love it. It also allows you to use the landscape setting. There was one twitter application that I tried and every tweet I got my iphone would start chirping. It had to go.
    lol

The only thing is you have to pick either landscape or photo in tweetie, you can't just rotate.

Twitterena has those sounds but you can turn them off.
    06-06-2009 07:41 PM
    I downloaded twitterena today and sadly the app is not working right on my phone. The app is always freezing and I am stuck doing a force quit before I can even read my tweets. Also some of the messages disapear(known problem). I am going to keep the app on my phone and wait for an updte to come out that will hopefully fix my problems(the freezing is too frequent to ignore. For now I'm sticking with Tweetie.
    06-07-2009 12:56 AM
    I downloaded twitterena today and sadly the app is not working right on my phone. The app is always freezing and I am stuck doing a force quit before I can even read my tweets. Also some of the messages disapear(known problem). I am going to keep the app on my phone and wait for an updte to come out that will hopefully fix my problems(the freezing is too frequent to ignore. For now I'm sticking with Tweetie.

Hmmm, did u try uninstalling it and reinstalling it? Maybe a file didn't download right during the installation. I don't have freezing problems like that.

Yeah disappearing tweets is a known one when scrolling, normally scrolling down then up solves it. I'm hoping the 2.4 update will solve that problem.

Sorry you're having bad luck
    06-07-2009 02:50 PM
    You lost me at no multiple accounts. I'll stick to Tweetie for now
    06-07-2009 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD