Fans of The Mummy, & Indiana Jones check this out.

jbmoney13

May 28, 2009
Visit site
"Mummy's Revenge" is Released: Fans of The Mummy, & Indiana Jones check this out.

Game is now available:

Here is the link:
iTunes Store

There are 2 issues that we are aware of and have submitted an update to fix:

1) Audio has some volume issues.
2) Vibrate switch when activated on the iPhone causes a bug in the Hero's movement.

An update has been submitted to fix these bugs.

I do have another update planned for this month:

4 new weapons
new backgrounds
new enemy boss
increased difficulty settings (Easy, Normal, and Hard)

Thanks again

----------------------------------
Hi Everyone,

My name is JB, and I am really excited to announce the release of my new game "Mummy's Revenge".

Just a little about myself, I am 27 years old, I live in San Francisco CA, and I have been a gamer my whole life. I designed this game based on my love for great graphics and most importantly fun gameplay. Although this is my debut App for the iPhone and iPod Touch, I want everyone to know, this game is of high quality, you'll never feel like you wasted a penny on any of my games.

Now finally here is a sneak peak of my new game "Mummy's Revenge" :D

Application Description:

Grand Opening Sale - 66% Off Full Price

$0.99

You play as Joe Adventure in this amazing 3D graphic action/adventure game. If you like blasting Mummies and Bosses with DUAL PISTOLS, SHOTGUNS, RIFLES, BAZOOKAS, and GRENADES with BIG EXPLOSIONS, this is the game for you.

Banner1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Mummy's Revenge Features:
- SHOCKING GRAPHICS
- Amazing explosions
- Listen to your own music as you blow up enemies (Just start the game while playing your music)
- Great Quality
- 5 great weapons including grenades (more weapons added every month)
- Addictive Gameplay, Constant Action
- Easy Smooth Controls

If you enjoy action movies like Indiana Jones and The Mummy, then this is the game for you. If you enjoy Zombie games like Zombieville or action games like Sparta then you'll really like this game.

"Mummy's Revenge" has been submitted to Apple and should be available in the App Store by 5/30. I will keep everyone posted on the official release date.

Free Updates already on the way:
- 4 Amazing New Weapons
- New Bosses (The Pharaoh)
- New Level Backgrounds
- More difficulty levels

Thanks everyone, and I truly appreciate all of your support.

JB
CEO
http://www.apptasticapps.com

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Like mentioned, it looks a LOT like Zombieville - it looks cool. Hopefully you don't hear from the devs of that great game...

jbmoney13

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bad Ash

Zombieville and Mummy's Revenge do come from the same "Side Scrolling Action" Genre. There are noticeable differences in the gameplay as well as graphical style. People are hungry for a good game in this Genre, Zombieville has been king of the hill for a while, I personally wanted something new. I would gladly want to hear from the developers of that great game. That would be like the developers of Wolfenstien, Doom, or even Counterstrike contacting the developers of every other FPS out there. I would consider it an honor. :D

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm glad you like the look, I have worked hard to keep the high quality graphics without sacrificing the gameplay.

jbmoney13

May 28, 2009
Visit site
You know what's funny, I did end up hearing from Mika Mobile (Developer of Zombieville), here is a direct quote from them:

"I just wanted to post here and say that I personally don't take any offense to what JB's doing here, or Kris's Sparta game for that matter. You can certainly draw some comparisons between my game and both of these, but its not like I invented walking sideways and killing endless bad guys. At least its not called Mummyville: Egypt :p

I would say that making games that are in the same vein as another popular title can work out great, especially if you really take it in a different direction. I think the biggest risk you run when doing this is though is not being different enough from your inspiration, and getting negative feedback as a result. You don't want to look like a knockoff, but you can certainly be percieved that way if you don't distance yourself from your competition in some way.

I've actually gotten some interesting ideas for modifying Zombieville from what I've seen other developers do with the formula, so like Kris says, competition is welcome
."

What an awesome Developer. I just thought I would share that with you since you foresaw this happening.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You know what's funny, I did end up hearing from Mika Mobile (Developer of Zombieville), here is a direct quote from them:

"I just wanted to post here and say that I personally don't take any offense to what JB's doing here, or Kris's Sparta game for that matter. You can certainly draw some comparisons between my game and both of these, but its not like I invented walking sideways and killing endless bad guys. At least its not called Mummyville: Egypt :p

I would say that making games that are in the same vein as another popular title can work out great, especially if you really take it in a different direction. I think the biggest risk you run when doing this is though is not being different enough from your inspiration, and getting negative feedback as a result. You don't want to look like a knockoff, but you can certainly be percieved that way if you don't distance yourself from your competition in some way.

I've actually gotten some interesting ideas for modifying Zombieville from what I've seen other developers do with the formula, so like Kris says, competition is welcome
."

What an awesome Developer. I just thought I would share that with you since you foresaw this happening.

I swear I didn't tip them off! :) That is funny though.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been playing this for a few days now and I like it. Only a few things that I notice that I would change up - the screen is too busy. Maybe get rid of the pause button. Maybe use a double tap on the screen to pause? And I still think your character moves a bit too slow.

Some fine tuning and this game would be perfect. Great job!

*Posted a iTunes link on the front page in the latest Apps for Less.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2