TiPb Birthday Bash: How Are You Making Mom Happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mothers Day top three

Only three?

1. Go to church with husband and two daughters to give thanks for being blessed with such a wonderful family
2. Drive two hours to visit mother in law and wish her a happy mothers day (I love my mother in law and I think I should get a bonus point for being the first post to honor mother in laws!)
3. Drive back two hours to end the day having dinner with my mother and father (dad did have something to do with making mom a mom after all) and my husband and children. Nothing better than multiple generations enjoying each other.

GreenMtBoy

May 10, 2009
Visit site
3 Mother's Day Gifts

After my mom and dad divorced, I took on a slightly different role than I had my first 30 years of being a son.
Being that mother's day is in the Spring:
1. I take my chain saw over and cut down all the unsightly branches and fallen debris from the harsh Vermont winters (and anything else my mom points to in the 10 acre yard).
2. I help her move all her plants that wintered inside outside where we add fresh soil, re-pot and arrange all about the yard.
3. Finally, we cook out for the first time of the year. Typically a big steak or salmon. She usually does the salad and my wife makes the dessert (anything chocolate for my mom).

Last edited:

matthiggins

May 7, 2009
Visit site
1. Take Mom out to a nice brunch by the ocean at the Ca D' Zan Museum.
2. Take her to Fit 2 Run so she can pick out the running shoes she wants.
3. Spend a nice day with her, my Dad, and my sister- may go to lay at the beach, or by the pool, or go out to dinner, or grill out- whatever Mom wants!

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
1. Breakfast/epresso for my wife in bed
2. Wakeup/feed the kids while she plays diner dash and sudoku
3. Write her a cheesy poem
4. Take out to Italian for lunch.
5. Mothersday BBQ for supper.

ifrederik

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Last year I wanted to do something really special for my mother!!! :eek:

:) First I called a massage place and made an appointment for her. She loved it by the way!

:) Then after that I took her to her favorite shop and let her pick whatever dress she wanted!

:) Then to finish of the day, I took her to see her first opera!

That's my top tree day :rolleyes:

dbwinte

May 10, 2009
Visit site
My mom loves food

1. Take my mom to lunch. She is elderly and doesn't get out much. She loves gourmet food!
2. Clean house for my wife.
3. Do all those honeydo items around the house that I have procrastinated over.

andre6119

May 7, 2009
Visit site
1) Take my mom out to breakfast at one of the not so swanky restaurants in Norwich, but nice enough to get great food.
2) Let my girlfriend take a nap while I watch the kids before she goes into work, on a sunday.
3) When she gets home from work give her an hour and a half full body massage, with a happy ending (for her)!!

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
First I am going to let my wife sleep in by taking our two year old downstairs.
Then I am going to make her her favorite coffee drink - a white chocolate mocha.
Finally I will send our kid nextdoor to our neighbors, draw a hot bubble bath, and light some candles. And well, you can imagine the rest. : )

md8232

May 5, 2009
Visit site
1. Tickets to the SLSO for Luddy Von's "Ode to Joy."

2. Dinner at our Favorite Restaurant.

3. All her favorite songs on the trip.

idontlikeonions

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
1. drive an hour to parents house stop on the way to get her a hazelnut latte (her favorite)
2. give mom gift (cosmetics/salon gift card and orchid)
3. make her favorite dinner/clean the kitchen

smchrist2

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
1) text mom happy mothers day because I'm on the way home from the beach with my friend.

2) get home, hug mom, and actually SAY happy mothers day...

3) make her a card. :)

ktoone

May 10, 2009
Visit site
For my mom:
Send her a card made by the kids.
Send her some pictures she hasn't seen printed off.
Email a video of the kids to make her smile :)

For me...
a back rub, not having to cook, and lots of snuggles with my sweeties :)

kristindabomb

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
1. My dad, sister, and I are making our mom a turkey dinner.
2. We made her a coupon to buy a dress for my sister's graduation in a couple weeks.
3. We are going to watch her favorite show tonight.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
1. Get up before my wife to make her breakfast and get the kids to sign her card, and give her the card and gift.
2. Take my wife out to whatever should wants to do/eat.
3. Call my mom (sent her card and gift via USPS last week) to tell her thanks for being my mom and just chat with her for a while. --> We don't do that much, and I know how much she likes it.

alison03

May 6, 2009
Visit site
1. drive an hour to surprise my mom with flowers and a bear hug.

2. take her to her first professional soccer game - the Seattle Sounders FC vs the Los Angeles Galaxy. this is more for her, than for me, I swear.

3. presenting her with this rainbow cake after a dinner of short ribs and mac salad (we're from Hawaii). Omnomicon makes ? how to make a rainbow cake!

today is also her son in law's birthday, so it's a celebration all around.

htc news

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Mothers day

#1 Wrapp gifts
#2 Make mothers day for my favorite mothers and their closest freinds(30 Guests)
#3 Try to stay off the iphone and pay attention to what they would like to do today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2