ea mobile vs gameloft

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
recently, ea mobile and gameloft have launched a comptetive race for apps. During the last several weeks EA has released more apps than it ever had. (tiger woods, nfsu, star trek). so with all these releases, what do you think?
do u think the games are good quality or are they just released for quantity?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think we are starting to see some quality stuff from the two developers you mention. It's a pretty fresh platform so you have to give them time until they really can take advantage of the hardware.

Snowman81

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site
Overall I'd say what both companies have been putting out is pretty good, even more so for a young platform (as far as gaming/3rd party apps go). Personally I like the simpler games, as the iphone is subject to serious control woes since it has no physical buttons to interact with the action going on onscreen.

The only game I've played from EA (which admittedly aren't that many) that I didn't like was Monopoly. When the game goes into 3D mode to zoom around the board you see the board has a very poor texture applied to it....really spoils it for me, I'd have rathered no 3D than what they gave us.

I need to get the Tiger Woods though, the controls/gameplay look like they should be perfect for the iPhone.