Hello,

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed and I just didn't find it...

In the old days I had this great app on my PDA called PocketQuicken developed by Intuit that synced to Quicken on my laptop.

With my iPhone, it appears Intuit doesn't have an equivalent app for iPhone?

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party applet that syncs to Quicken on Mac?

I tried PocketMoney and, although I like it, it will not sync to Quicken, even though they say it does and I applied their "fix". I posted my problem with Pocketmoney a month ago and still no response.

Thanks for any thoughts or help...

-Geleia
    04-29-2009 08:09 PM
    I found this news, but wasn't able to find anything straight from Quicken.

Quicken for iPhone in January 2008 - iPhone nano - Apple iPhone Articles
    04-30-2009 09:59 AM
    Just noticed that a Quicken app was released in the app store.

iTunes Store
    05-01-2009 09:00 AM
    I think the Quicken App that's now in the App store works only with Quicken Online. It will not work with the Windows or Mac desktop applications. Too bad. When I had a Treo 650 I used Pocket Quicken all the time. It was extremely convenient and synched flawlessly with the desktop version (Windows, anyway) of Quicken. Interestingly, the version now in the App store was produced by Intuit. Pocket Quicken was produced by a third party company (forget the name) under a licensing arrangement with Intuit.
    05-01-2009 02:10 PM
    Is there an option to sync Quicken with Quicken Online?
    05-04-2009 12:41 PM
    Is there an option to sync Quicken with Quicken Online?
    I see where you're going and that would certainly be a way to synchronize. However, I can't find any documentation that addresses a Quicken-Quicken Online synchronization process. My guess is that, since Quicken Online is basically a bare-bones version of Quicken - and of course it's free - that Intuit sees no reason to add that functionality. Quicken Online is probably to some degree a marketing ploy to get folks accustomed to Intuit's product suite in hopes of getting them to purchase the full-featured product.

It's a shame they can't (won't?) develop an applet to syhchronize to Quicken. Obviously the Quicken APIs exist to do it. To me, that would enhance the product by allowing me to avoid having to enter transactions manually. It would be similar to downloading your transactions from your financial institution. If Quicken ever offered that app, I would take advantage of it daily as I did back in my Treo days.
    05-04-2009 01:00 PM
    I think they are limited by the 2.0 SDK at this time for sync with the desktop versions. Probably with the 3.0 coming out soon and the dock connector being opened up they could add desktop syncing as well.
    05-04-2009 01:29 PM
    Just noticed there's another thread in this forum with the same title as this one. In it, a poster mentions that Quicken Online does sync with desktop Quicken. Assuming that's true, then you do indeed have your indirect synchronization supported via the iPhone, at least to some extent. For example, if your financial institution is not supported by Quicken Online, then it obviously won't work.

Still seems like an awfully clunky way to do it and not a method in which I would be interested.
    05-04-2009 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD