problems with "categories"

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys, i have installed the app categories, and have been able to create folders and organize some apps. However, sometimes it just refuses to start. It will start and then shut off automatically. Any help please?

Thank you so much

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I used categories for awhile, once you get all your stuff organized it worked pretty well, but it was such a pain in the butt to do. Now I just organize by pages. Getting it set up the app is pretty unstable, you may find it freezes and you have to reset your phone to get it running again, but again, once you do, it usually does fine. If your determined to use it, you pretty much just need to persevere.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
i made a mistake of deleting the application before removing all the apps in the folders. So what happens now is i can't reinstall Categories from Cydia. And i can't remove the folders. Any one help please?

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
The easiest solution is to re-install the app, and then remove the programs from the folders and then remove the app. if that is not an option...you can try restoring as a new phone and rejailbreaking. Did you not read the warning that popped up when you loaded the app? The warnings are put there for a reason.

This is the warning you get when you open categories the first time
005%7E1.PNG

Since you fall into the category of doesn't know what they are doing...maybe you should have read the help file where you whould have seen this.
006%7E0.PNG

I'm not trying to be harsh, but really a little research would have saved you some time and trouble.

Restoring as a new phone should get everything back, if you restore from back up you will be in the same boat you are now.

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Thank you so much. And you are correct, i should've done my research before doing anything in haste. Oh well, the price to pay is to restore as new phone and reinstalling everything. Once again, thanks Shutter.