Hi all,
    Is there anyway to get free application to SMS in lanscape mode, forward sms etc etc?
    03-27-2009 11:59 PM
    There will be a free one out this summer.
    03-28-2009 12:09 AM
    There will be a free one out this summer.
    I'm sorry, but I just busted out laughing when I read this. I think I'm tired.

Whitewuf, I've never seen one for free. I think most generally go for $0.99. But as Shutter mentioned, landscape keyboard and forwarding of SMS will be included in the 3.0 software upgrade in the summer.
    03-28-2009 12:49 AM
    The only thing you will find to forward SMS and landscape etc...currently is a JB app, I think the cheapest goes for about 5 bucks. Look in cydia for biteSMS, MySMS and iRealSMS I think there is one more, but can't remember it's name. Look through the messaging section of cydia.
    03-28-2009 08:44 AM
    Hey!

I have iRealSMS on my iPhone and I can tell you that it is absolutely worth the $10-$12 (depending on dollar-euro conversion rates). There is full landscape support and the ability to text, email, or call your replies instead of just texts back. The best thing is called quickreply which pops up a text field and keyboard along with the "new text message" notification which lets you send back a reply without opening the text app. I very highly recommend this and I even got rid of the normal text icon with bossprefs because this app completely eliminates the need for the Apple text app.
    03-28-2009 02:14 PM
    I agree iRealSMS was worth the money, but with 3.0 coming out this summer which will give landscape, forwarding and copy/paste, not sure if some will find it worth the 13 bucks US. I hope that it works with 3.0 after the dev-team jailbreaks it, quicksend and quickreply are awesome.
    03-28-2009 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD