I've avoided getting an RSS Reader because I was waiting for the definitive app to show up. I'm not sure that it has but I'm tired of waiting. Can anyone suggest a good RSS Reader? I'm willing to pay for one if it's truly a good app. Thank you in advance for your input.
    01-28-2009 08:55 AM
    I have been looking for one too. There seems to be nothing great out there. I may just have to develop one...
    01-28-2009 09:23 AM
    The best I have tried so far is Gazette. It would be the perfect app for me if it would cache images for offline viewing. Depends on how you view RSS. I need a program that syncs with Google Reader, which Gazette does.

Here are the ones I've tried:
    -Doppler
    -Byline
    -GRiS (jailbreak app)
    -SmartRSS2
    01-28-2009 09:32 AM
    I live by NetNewsWire, which connects with NewsGator.com I also make a collection of apps mentioned below with certain pre-made feeds but for custom, NetNewsWire!
    01-28-2009 10:45 AM
    I am with dmackdaddy, I live by NetNewsWire. It has changed my life, pretty much.
    01-28-2009 02:19 PM
    I happen to like Web Feeds the best. I've tried most all of the free ones and 2 paid. Web Feeds is $3 and I just like it's entire package. It loads quick, UI is simple, and you can view the original page in the app without jumping out to safari and it's stable.

Give it a look.
    01-28-2009 02:27 PM
    Does Web Feeds sync with Google reader or just import the feeds from it?
    01-28-2009 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD