password keeper?

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i did a search on the forums for password keeper, but it gave me a review on twinkle? or something like that. as i stated earlier, i've got a 3g on the way, and am going to be moving over from a bold for awhile. i've gotten very used to having the bolds "password keeper" where i can store all the passwords and such for applications, websites and things like that. does the iphone have an app already on it, or that can be downloaded that has the same feature? something i could use that was secure in storing my bank acct number, passwords for websites or emails and such? thanks!

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
There are multiple on the App Store. If you use Windows, Apps like eWallet have Windows Desktop Client (they are planning to release one for Mac). If you use Mac, Wallet has a Desktop Client.

There is also SplashID and few others.

Search the App Store for "wallet", "safe", or "credit card" and you should get plenty of options.

I hope this is helpful.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ 1Password is great, but the iPhone App is not designed to store Credit Cards info. Its mainly for passwords.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
thanks for all the responses! i just checked an email i got and my phone should be here on monday! i'm sure i'll have plenty more questions once i get it started. i did check out the programs you all mentioned and i think one of those is going to work great.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
just a quick update, i ended up going with lockbox, it was free, and actually did everything i needed it to do. thanks again for all the suggestions.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I got the app "Wallet" just a few weeks ago and love it. It can store every type of info you might need. There are a ton of these apps in the app store so check em out.

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
@msbaylor - I use 1password (syncs to my desktop version) and it has a wallet feature in the bottom menu. Do you have the latest version? My CCs are in there (of course you have to have 2 passwords to get to CC info on 1 password).

Notes are only behind one level of security - a 4 digit pin.

@cobra302 - let us know how lockbox works out for you after you use it for awhile.

- Mark Homer

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
Hmmm I wonder why u can't see the wallet menu item. I will take a look at it closer later. Maybe it is a setting that needs to be turned on somewhere but showed up automatically for me since I had CCs in my desktop version when I synced. I will let u know.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ The wallet feature is not editable and will only show up if you sync from the desktop client. You cannot add CCs directly on the iPhone. I got this piece of infor from the 1Password's dev forums.

In other words, I'll pass on 1Password :(

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
@melwan - yup that is it. I just came from the forums as well. So the reason 1password is such a great app for me is because I use the desktop 1password.

Let us know how your trials of other products go...

thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711