What's Pocket Express like on the iPhone?

belinda.diller

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
I used to use Pocket Express on my old Sprint Handset & I thought it was really good.

Now that I've got the amazing, great, fantastic, cool iPhone. Should I download Pocket Express? :confused:

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I came from Sprint and used Pocket Express. To me there was no reason to use it on my iphone 3g. There are SOOOO many apps that do what pocket express does it's amazing. As a matter of fact I dont even know if Pocket Express is available for the iphone, of course I haven't did any research to see if thats true.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi Belinda! I get the feeling you are here to promote PE. And do you know what? That's fine by me because I just downloaded it (for free) and checked it out, & I am blown away at what it can do all from a single app! Now, I do have alternative apps for just about every function that PE offers already, but it is nice to not need to flip back and forth on the iPhone desktop to find those other apps. So well done Belinda! If you are getting any kickbacks from this, you've done your job! (& if not, don't you wish you had a nice, cushy job like that?)

belinda.diller

Oct 5, 2008
Visit site
What is Pocket Express?

It's an application that you can download form this website: Pocket Express Delivers News, Weather, Sports, Stocks, 411 Lookups, Maps and Directions to Smartphones, it's easy to install.

It gives you news, weather, movie, travel, finance and lots of other info. It's got a nice UI, it's free and it auto-sync's content every few hours so when you try and get news, or a movie review or anything it's very fast. No matter how slow the network is in your area.

Joan.Kavi

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
There's an initial buzz about switching between apps on the iphone so you probably don't notice that it's a pain. Once that wears off, Pocket Express is still good, even on the iphone.

mahomer

Nov 14, 2008
www.bootcampmobile.com
Thanks for the PE info. I used to use that on my treo 700w but didn't realize it was available for the iPhone. Too hard to keep up with the 10,000+ apps available :)

Thankfully we have TiPb reviews and the forums!

- mark homer

Joan.Kavi

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
I think it has staying power. There is an overall hype cycle relative to mobile apps and mobile web. This will settle down and some will survive. I think this is one of them.

Violet.Balaji

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
It's an application that you can download form this website: Pocket Express Delivers News, Weather, Sports, Stocks, 411 Lookups, Maps and Directions to Smartphones, it's easy to install.

It gives you news, weather, movie, travel, finance and lots of other info. It's got a nice UI, it's free and it auto-sync's content every few hours so when you try and get news, or a movie review or anything it's very fast. No matter how slow the network is in your area.

Thanks, I've tried it out for the last few days, it's pretty cool. :)