Apple: ?No iBoobs for you!?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so I could understand why parents wouldn't want their kids to have this, but I don't think it should be banned from the App Store (and I tend to be rather conservative). If the App isn't free, parents can NOT ALLOW their children to buy it. And when videos of Britney Spears rolling around naked are available for purchase on iTunes, why can't a stupid animation of boobs in a bikini be available? It's inconsistent on Apple's part.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Ok, so I could understand why parents wouldn't want their kids to have this, but I don't think it should be banned from the App Store

Yeah, I mean they sell/rent R rated movies so I don't see the big deal.

If a under 18 kid has their iPhone activated on their parents iTunes account could the parents limit what could be bought? Also, could the said under 18 kid be able to sync to their own iTunes account and buy whatever apps or does the iPhone only accept apps with the iTunes account it was activated on? Of course they would need a credit card so that would make it more difficult to do, just wondering?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You can only make purchases if you are logged into the iTunes account with iPhone and you still need to enter a password before purchasing. Parents can even lock the iTunes/App store entirely from the iPhone. But that doesn't prevent using a computer to purchase the item and then sync to iPhone. Yes, a kid could use their own iTunes account but they do need a credit card. But this is easy with all the visa gift cards out there. You can also purchase iTunes cards at like starbucks. I think parents should be monitoring what their children purchase not blaming apple when they get a hold of something they don't approve of.

But my biggest issue in this particular case is that it's not consistent with other things that are available for purchase.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
True but I'm not going to get my boxers in a bunch because an app like iBoobs is not available for my iPhone.

...that is what girlfriends, friends with benefits, one-nighters, or simply friends are for...oh and of course wives haha

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
True but I'm not going to get my boxers in a bunch because an app like iBoobs is not available for my iPhone.

...that is what girlfriends, friends with benefits, one-nighters, or simply friends are for...oh and of course wives haha

Understood, but that wasn't really the point. Plus, what's the harm in playing with some iBoobs to kill some time when you aren't with {your list above}? The point is apple censoring something that shouldn't be censored. At the least they should be consistent...no iBoobs, no rated R movies.

PeerB

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I think there may be a difference between an R rated movie, and playing with iBoobs. Granted iFart has rocketed up the charts to number one, so there is obviously a market for juvenile applications. Perhaps Apple knows this and is developing their own Boobs app and thus shutting out third parties.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Understood, but that wasn't really the point. Plus, what's the harm in playing with some iBoobs to kill some time when you aren't with {your list above}? The point is apple censoring something that shouldn't be censored. At the least they should be consistent...no iBoobs, no rated R movies.

Ah OK, I understand your point now. I understand and it makes perfect sense.

Why allow an "underage" person to download an R-rated movie where boobies and much more can be seen and not iBoobies :eek: ...silly Apple.

Seriously though, they need to keep their s*** straight.

BuddyDave

Dec 31, 2008
buddy.com
Apple seems to be inconsistent in their censorship of apps in the store. iFart gets through (after much delay), but iBoobs doesn't? Flashlight makes it, but iBoobs doesn't?

They need consistency - either hold a standard, or don't. :)

Cheers, Dave.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Haha I guess the whole iBoobs thing kind of made it way into the App store in the form of Wobble.

Happy now guys? I think it was quite a clever idea but I wouldn't even waste 99 cents to make "boobs" wobble ha :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711