UPDATE:
    While the application is free, the service is not.

I am not sure why they don't do the ad supported option...like they had/have been doing. As the article linked below says, you can call 267-SLYDIAL and still use it, however, you don't have the convenience of selecting from you address book. So it's now $2.95/month , $29.95/year or $0.10 per call.

I think they should still give the ad-supported option like 1-200-FREE-411 does....

Can't say I'll be using this anymore, I suppose I just need to talk to the person and get my convo over with them

OROIGINAL: Let’s say you need to call an in-law but don’t want that awkward silence or conversation between the two of you, that’s where Slydial comes into play. Slydial connects you directly to a person’s mobile voicemail.

Just leave them a message, because hey, after all, you did try to call them didn’t you…?

All you do is select a contact from you contact list of type in a number, then Slydial will do the rest.

The most the receiver will get (other than the voicemail of course,) is a half-ring, basically just enough for them to see they missed a call, but not enough time to pick up the call.

I sat down with a friend and we attempted to time our movements just right so that he would pickup on my first ring, to no avail, it didn’t work. As soon as it rang on his end, I heard his voicemail welcome message.

Slydial is a simple app, maybe too simple? Technically it doesn’t even have to be an app, it’s like having an app that calls 411 for you. It is an incredibly easy app to use, and it has a pretty cool idea behind it.

Sorry no video. (It’s pretty straightforward.)

Pros:
    -Interesting concept
    -Works

Cons:
    -Paid service is using application. (SEE ABOVE)
    -The person on the receiving end may receive a “half-ring”

While the application does work and is rated highly, the overall service is too pricey.

For app:

4.5/5

Overall service:

1.5/5
    Last edited by msbaylor; 03-03-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    12-18-2008 08:26 AM
    03-03-2009 04:43 PM
    Sad to say, but I think that was a poor marketing move.

I am not sure why they don't do the ad supported option...like they have been doing. As the article linked above says, you can call 267-SLYDIAL and still use it, however, you don't have the convenience of slecting from you address book. So it's now $2.95/month , $29.95/year or $0.10 per call.

I think they should still give the ad-supported option like 1-200-FREE-411 does....

Can't say I'll be using this anymore, I suppose I just need to talk to the person and get my convo over with them :o
    Last edited by msbaylor; 03-03-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    03-03-2009 08:28 PM
    Talk about a "Bait and Switch". Pathetic.
    03-05-2009 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD