What Would Be The *Killer* Game to Make the iPhone...?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
...into a "must have" gaming platform? Spore was arguable more like snore, and Force seemed more leashed than Unleashed.

Need For Speed has potential, but every hardware device needs a killer, Halo or Mario or Sonic type title to really make it.

Any ideas what this could be on the iPhone?

What game would make everyone rush out and buy it? (or the iPod Touch)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Apple and developers have to go with more Wii type games to be successful. The lack of physical buttons is the only thing that really can hinder the progress of this device becoming a good gaming platform.

*** Multiplayer games would be sweet as well. 3g is fast enough to pull that off.

Last edited:

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
That simply begs the question - will we ever see someone buying an iPhone primarilly as a gaming device? Currently you could buy a iPod touch to do that - would there be a reason to buy an iPhone for the main purpose of gaming?

To answer your question - how about some game that uses the GPS feature to place you in different settings? Only problem with that is that most people aren't going to vary too much in their location.

patrickbballer

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
mark my words. if nfs gets true multiplayer game play IT WILL BE THE TOP PAID ON THE APP STORE> AND THATS THAT. plus it will be really cool. ha ha.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
All make good points and I agree with them.

The game I am really looking forward to is Tiger Woods golf. I'm a casual on-the-go gamer, but am always playing TW at home.

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
If there was a some way to make an FPS with decent online multiplayer I would buy 5 haha. I'll admit, though, I have no idea how they would make a decent control scheme. No portable gaming device has yet found a suitable answer to two analog sticks and several buttons... The PSP would have been close if it had just included a second analog nub (stupid stupid Sony!!!!!).

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
So far, there doesn't seem to be a real "killer" game although I have got a lot of extended play from Sim City, Aurora Feint, some of the tower games and Virtual Pool. Unfortunately, many of the games that look promising turn out to be a bit of a disappointment (Force Unleashed being a prime example of one that really didn't work).

Wolfield

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I like card strat games, Orion is good, but would like one with alot more stragety and things to waste time into it. C&C the oringal would rule, warfare just isnt the same.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak and add the NES emulator!

When I do finally get my iphone, I am going to be too scared to jailbreak it. I know that there is little danger of anything happening, but that slight chance is enough to keep me from doing it.

I am way too poor to take the risk! :(

Little Bella

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for double post... but I have a real proper idea now!

How about an App that lets you design your very own sandwich. You could make it as big or or simple as you want.... then you could send the image of you sandwich to your friend... and you could say... I am coming over for lunch ... make me this!

Careful ...I expect royalties on this one.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've finally found a killer game for me. I've been playing iMob for what seems like forever and it's so addictive in spite of all the huge bugs it's had. It still needs a lot of work to be a really good game but it already takes up most of my gaming time. :D

spyles9

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I definitely agree with you there, the first thing I ordered for my phone was the otterbox, I don't want anything happening to my precious.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2