Review: Say Who - Dialer

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
For those users who are looking for a (free) stable voice dialing app, you need Say Who - Dialer (iTunes App Store Link)

It is a very simple application that dials in 1 of 2 ways:

1. Say a contact name and/or number to call ("Joe Smith" or "Joe Smith Mobile")
2. Dictate a number to dial (312-559-1212)

There are a few options to this program that are very useful. First, there is an "Auto Dial" function that can be toggled on/off. I have found that while the voice recognition is quite accurate, I have mine set to off so I can confirm the correct contact number to dial. If you have the feature turned on, there is a 5 second delay before it automatically dials the number.

Secondly, if you are using the headphones that Apple issued, the built in microphone can be used to dictate the name. Unfortunately, I was unable to use a bluetooth headset successfully to dial.

Overall, this is a must have app for users who are looking for voice dialing.

Rating: 4.5 Stars out of 5 Stars. (Note: I would give this 5 out of 5 if the bluetooth headset can be configured to pick up my voice).

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Screenshots can found via the iTunes link. I tried making some, but I haven't figured out how to take screenshots without the Backgrounder application getting in the way. ;)

BlazeX19

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
I've been using this app for the last few days and am concerned about privacy. Does anyone know if the app sells your contact info? The user agreement on Dialer Directions is a bit vague.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73