Any IT folks out there that have an iPhone? (iAdviseMe)

dmackdaddy

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Any IT folks out there that have an iPhone? (iAdviseMe) FREE!

Guys,

Long time poster on other Blogs but just joined TiPB - good stuff!

I come with a shameless plug for an Application I recently made called iAdviseMe. It basically is an tool that helps IT folks get all of their IT advisories on their iPhone. Being an IT guys myself, I thought this could be useful to other IT Pros. Here is a link to the App so you can check it yourself. I appreciate the time and feedback! Screen Shots below for what it would look like if you checked out the Cisco section.

http://ax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/browserRedirect?url=itms%253A%252F%252Fax.phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net%252FWebObjects%252FMZStore.woa%252Fwa%252FviewSoftware%253Fid%253D291033592%2526mt%253D8

iadviseme.splash.jpg
iadviseme.1.jpg

iadviseme.2.jpg
iadviseme.3.jpg

Last edited:

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Not an IT person, but looks like a good way to centralize all the info together instead of having to go to each location. Any way to scrape these sites and put all the info into the application without having to load the webpage? Just an idea.

dmackdaddy

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Yes, that is possible but not all IT guys will want all the news, this way they can just hit what they need. I'm also looking for feedback to add more as needed. These are just the ones I thought of to start but have already been getting great suggestions for version 1.1 - like yours!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Nice to see you again dmack. It's been a while. Like tuna stated your app looks nice but I am clueless as to what exactly it does. ;)

dmackdaddy

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
iAdviseMe is a tool that will allow you to get the latest up-to-date software security advisories right to your iPhone. This application will provide you important IT security alerts and advisories that will help keep you current on a majority of enterprise information technology hardware and software vulnerabilities. iAdviseMe?s information is updated by the manufacturers themselves, as well as vulnerability experts such as CERT.org. You can be sure the information you are getting is always precise and current. Features include alerts with summaries containing direct links to the original site for more detailed information, as well as support for the 3G iPhone?s accelerometer so you can rotate your iPhone and iAdviseMe will rotate along with it. We will always be adding more manufacturers to make iAdviseMe?s content rich and relevant. Feel free to email us with suggestions to add or remove content that you think is relevant to you and other IT Professionals.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Awesome! I'll take a look with our IT department on Monday and let you know if anyone has any ideas.

My dream app, however, would ping servers, alert me if they go down (don't respond), and let me ssh in to (try and) fix them.

Meta like checking security, patch level, general info, services up/down etc. would be gravy, but not sure how reliably that would work, and how securely such info could be transmitted yet.

dmackdaddy

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
Bump up guys! Just added some fixes to my app on version 1.1 - hope you enjoy them! Just search the App Store for iAdviseMe or if you already own it, check for updates! Thanks for all the feedback and keep them coming!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW