I am not going to be so fast at purchasing brand now apps now. I know of at least 5 apps that I have bought at full price and then the developer drops the price. Yeah, it's not a lot of money but it is the principal. Start the price off low and raise the price if you improve the app. Or something like that. What is fair? I have not been disappointed in any of these apps but I would have been happy to pay the new lower price.

Apps that lowered prices...
    Band
    Piano
    Guitarist
    Sketches
    and a couple of others I can't think of right now.
    09-28-2008 05:04 PM
    How much did they lower the price by? I always wait a few weeks to check for ratings and reviews first before buying new apps. Can't we get price adjustment within 14 days like in retailer stores?
    09-28-2008 10:26 PM
    yeah, I hate that. I bought Earthscape for $9.99 & a week later it was free now it's back up to $4.99
    10-24-2008 01:42 AM
    Agreed, Enigmo is another that priced dropped. So yes I'm hesitant now to buy something right of the bat. I'm always checking on AppShopper: iPhone App Deals and Discovery they have the latest info on free and updated apps or even price changes.
    10-24-2008 07:44 AM
    Take a look at the Appsniper program. I wrote a review of it in the iPhone Apps section.
    12-19-2008 12:47 AM
    Yeah, I felt the burn when the first app I bought was Aquaforest, only to have it go free for a few days after. I love Appsniper now, it's awesome, saves me money.
    02-07-2009 12:20 AM
    I remember studying this money making strategy in Economics in college. Basically, the product is released at a high price, so everyone who is willing to spend that much money gets it first. Once those people are gone and sales stop dropping, the price lowers to bring in more sales. Apple did the same thing when they released the original iPhone for $600 then dropped it to $400 a few months later. It's a smart strategy for the seller, but it's pretty much sticking it to your most loyal customers.
    02-07-2009 12:02 PM
    @byron92806, Do me a favor and let me know when you buy an app. Then I'll know to hold off for a few days till the price drops.

;-)
    02-19-2009 01:54 PM
    The good thing is you can act like a bad *** when you have something before everyone else which has some value if you are that type of person that cares enough to wait in line on the first day of the sale
    02-19-2009 03:38 PM
    I discovered an app in the app store calls app sniper. It helps you watch for apps that go in sale or for free. Check it out. It has saved me a few bucks.
    02-21-2009 05:45 AM
    I remember studying this money making strategy in Economics in college. Basically, the product is released at a high price, so everyone who is willing to spend that much money gets it first. Once those people are gone and sales stop dropping, the price lowers to bring in more sales. Apple did the same thing when they released the original iPhone for $600 then dropped it to $400 a few months later. It's a smart strategy for the seller, but it's pretty much sticking it to your most loyal customers.
    Econ 101++ :-)
    02-22-2009 02:08 AM
    The video game industry does that with PC games.
    They make 80%-90% of their entire sales within the first few weeks. That's why the price always drops after about a month after they're released.
    I Vowed to never buy a PC game for full price because the price always drops so fast.
    Console games are different. You could wait a year before they drop.
    02-22-2009 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD