Has anyone tried some good golf software?

I think there are two types that interest me:

1. Range Finder _ GPS distance finder

2. Score Card - Keep score

There are so many I'd like to hear from those that are using one to either give me the pro's or con's.

Thanks,
    09-24-2008 12:44 AM
    After reading a zillion reviews on almost every golf app out there, I bought Teeshot.

I havent played a round yet since installing it, but have already downloaded most of my local courses and input some old rounds. Because I didnt have all the data it asks for, my overall stats are obviously impaired. From what I see, its really smooth and easy to use. I dont see that I would have a problem inputting shots or info while golfing (unless I surpass the snowman threshold on a hole) :0)

I'll let you know more when I use it more.
    09-30-2008 09:59 PM
    We have submitted GolfTraxx iPhone edition to iTunes and are awaiting approval. GolfTraxx iPhone edition has GPS distances to the Green Center, Front & Back, a safe tee shot target and the distance to Reach and Carry multiple hazards per hole.

GolfTraxx v1.0 is free and you can map your favorite course to be included in the database. We can generally turn around a course in less than two business days, and we can use courses on any continent, in meters OR yards, and N or S of the equator.

GolfTraxx also has scoring including strokes and putts.

I have screenshots (actual on-course shots) at the GolfTraxx blog. Golftraxx DOT blogspot Dot com
    10-04-2008 06:07 PM
    We got our approval yesterday, and are now in the iTunes store. GolfTraxx is FREE, so please download and try it out.
    10-05-2008 02:50 PM
    You like to try Caddy.Me lite which is a distance finder using built in GPS. The main diefference to all other apps is that caddy.me is based on actual google maps data and works on any golf course in the world (GPS and cell coverage needed). There is no need to wait for your course or to build it or anything else. In addition its free.

Have fun

Laguei
    10-11-2008 02:06 PM
    golftraxx isn't free, it's subscription based. The customer support is non existent. I'd rather just pay a one time charge and just start using it.

I've tried a few apps already and I really like ViewTi. I haven't tried the version they have that displays greens but I really like all of their features. I think they're the only ones with a scorecard. Their website is ViewTi - Home Page
    11-01-2008 05:31 AM
    calbrown - I take issue on your comments.

1 - Check the iTunes store - GolfTraxx IS FREE.

2 - If you have an issue, email us OR phone us (9AM - 9PM any day of the week.)

Let me know your issue.

gb
    COO, GolfTraxx
    877-354-GOLF (hit the option to sales - to get to me directly)

golftraxx isn't free, it's subscription based. The customer support is non existent. I'd rather just pay a one time charge and just start using it.

I've tried a few apps already and I really like ViewTi. I haven't tried the version they have that displays greens but I really like all of their features. I think they're the only ones with a scorecard. Their website is ViewTi - Home Page
    11-01-2008 11:28 PM
    i have golftraxx and its not bad for free. my buddy has a standard golf gps and the golftraxx was decently close. only problem i had was one course i play and it only had the professional tees. i am happy with so far the only i wish they would do is give the ability to look up course by name and not just zip codes.
    11-02-2008 05:50 PM
    I have Mobitee! Map view looks awesome, excellent easy-to-use interface, it's pretty good for improving your skills!
    03-15-2011 10:38 AM
    Hi I have been using golf shot gps for over a year and I can honestly say its the best 17 I have ever spent, it keeps track of all your score cards, you see distances for most hazards, to the front centre and back of the green from the tee even when they move the tee markers around you still get the distance to the green and its very accurate.
    All coursers I have played on are there and you see great birds eye view images of the hole and i can even touch the screen on my iphone to tell me the distance to where I want to lay the ball up.
    It is simply the best golf app out there.
    JohnH59 likes this.
    07-06-2011 04:51 AM
    have a look
    07-06-2011 02:28 PM
    Have a look at GolfScape. If you want a great augmented reality range finder you can't beat it. It uses the iphone camera and GPS. It also has a companion app called Golf Shot for course info and scorecards. Two thumbs up!
    07-06-2011 09:55 PM
    Golflogix works for me.
    07-07-2011 12:00 AM
    Check out iPress - from Mulligan Software.

Runs on any iPad, any version of iOS, handles match play betting for your foursome or the whole gang. We're biased - we wrote it.

Available on the App Store (search "golf betting press"). Good golf!
    12-02-2011 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD