Review: Muddled

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Word game fans, rejoice! Finally a word game review!

I am not a big word game fan. I like Scrabble on occasion, but I don't do crosswords, I don't do jumbles. Having said that, I do find that I play Muddled more often than I thought I would.

Muddled's premise is simple. You get a series of letters. You try to figure out as many words as you can from those letters (including a word that uses all the letters) in a limited amount of time.

The game play is simple - you tap a letter to select it, then tap the next one you want. When you want to submit a word, you hit the down button. If it is a valid word, you get a certain number of points. The longer the word, the more points.

Simple, huh.

Well, for some reason my brain doesn't seem to want to work that way. But it is still fun, and it certainly is enlightening to look and see what words you miss (which for me is always more than I get). You can choose a variety of difficulties, so that is good new (dullards like me can play simple, smarties like my wife can play difficult).

There pretty much are no graphics (it's all words and text), but it is very straightforward. It does have a nice clock timer to count down the time. :)

So that's pretty much it. I find myself playing it about once a week. For people who like this sort of game more, I suspect they will enjoy it and play it far more often. It is only $1.99, so it isn't overpriced (although again, I would like to see some of these simple games at the $.99 level).

Pros: Build your vocabulary, or learn that you wife has a large vocabulary that you do!
Cons: Learn your wife has a larger vocabulary than you do!

All in all: For $1.99, people who like word games should get it. It's fun, easy to play, and easy to play over and over. I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars - minus half a star for my bias against word game, and 1 star for not really taking advantage of the iPhone graphics ability.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73