Are you using iPhone for gaming more than anything else?

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
There are currently over 700 games on the Apple App Store and you will be amazed how many times they've been downloaded. And new games keep coming - Real Soccer 2009, Need for Speed... I find myself playing games on my iPhone more often than listening to music, making calls, or browsing the Internet. I just can't help, it's a truely amazing device for gaming! I can imagine the iPhone will take market share away from Nintendo DS and Sony PSP. Maybe Apple is working on something called iGame, hey, you never know!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'll play a game every once in a while to kill some time while I'm waiting somewhere... Spore on the other hand I may just have to make some time for.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
I'll play a game every once in a while to kill some time while I'm waiting somewhere... Spore on the other hand I may just have to make some time for.

Texas Hold'em can be additive too. It's the first app I purchased for my iPhone and have been playing it everyday since. But I haven't beat the game yet :eek:

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I probably use Twinkle most of all during the day when I'm at home. Music is essential for me closely followed by games. I think I use it least for actually making calls! With all the apps, I now use it more than my laptop, except when I need to copy/paste things or watch Flash videos.

It's certainly a good gaming platform - my DS has been confined to the cupboard and I rarely play the games on my ipod now.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
The sad thing is, the actual 'phone' part of the iPhone is one of the least used things for me. Probably because I'm not much of a talker.

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Yikes! I actually use my phone for the PIM and email. I have a ton of games loaded up too. Maybe I need to rethink my priorities!!!! :)

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I use the call feature the least but I use the phone much more than any other handset I've ever owned. All my friends know I'm permanently attached to my iphone. :D

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
now that it's getting darker earlier, I'm making much more use of the StarMap app to help me with star gazing - it's one of my top 10 apps

pierluigi

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
In my case, games like LineRider and X-Plane are almost addictive.

Other games like Crash Bandicoot or Monkey Ball don't get much attention, and I would definitely sell them if AppStore had a used apps section.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I've found Evernote to be invaluable in helping me prepare for my photography class and I can refer to notes on my iPhone rather than wasting paper, plus, I have all my notes with me so I can adapt my lessons easily.
As I've got a number of health conditions, my iPhone helps me keep track of them and I've got everything to hand for appointments. Of course, there are quite a few games on it as well to while away the hours. My main use for my iPhone while at home is as a wireless mouse/keyboard for my laptop. I'm fairly sure that the phone has already paid for itself in terms of usefulness.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Last Sunday, my laptop died and was in the shop for repair for 3 days. Thanks to my iPhone, I was able to keep up with my emails and surfing. If I was allowed to keep just one gadget, it would have to be my iPhone as I can do so much on it.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I only play a game or two when I'm super bored, waiting for something, and I don't feel like looking at news or putting my headphones back on for some music.

mozyme

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Yes!! My iPhone use jumped exponentially when the Apps Store opened up with the games. The phone is the least used function of my iPhone. My wife notes that I am more attentive to my iPhone, that is when I'm not wrestling it away from my 5 year old son who uses it for the games and videos I loaded to keep him busy.

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Ever since we got a Nintendo DS Lite I don't play any games on my iPhone anymore. The DS gaming experience is much better in my opinion.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm still using it for loads of gaming. It was really useful for showing my mum pics of my nephew and niece in Oz on Xmas day as they don't have internet access.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro