When I go into the app store, and choose "updates" I get a message that all my applications are up to date.

I thought this was okay, till I was browsing the app store via iTunes on my computer, and I saw an application that I have - with a new version that came out two days ago?!?

Is there lag lag between a new version release and the "update" function of the app store? Is there some way to reset my updates, so it knows what to look for? I have no idea if any of my other applications have updates that I don't know about.

Chris
    08-28-2008 06:15 PM
    I've noticed this at times as well. I also noticed that on your phone the app may be up to date and depending on the last time you did a sync iTunes still thinks your app is out of date when it's actually not. And if you do a sync it will then say everything is cool. Follow? I think I said that right...
    08-28-2008 06:34 PM
    Anyone know a way to fix it? I have also just noticed today that the update feature sometimes say I have an update for a application - when it is the same version as the application already on the unit!!

Chris
    08-29-2008 09:09 AM
    Anyone know a way to fix it? I have also just noticed today that the update feature sometimes say I have an update for a application - when it is the same version as the application already on the unit!!

Chris
    Maybe I am way off base but did you try syncing with iTunes like I mentioned above?
    08-29-2008 11:55 AM
    I can't - my computer is currently busted.

I don't know if synching in the past fixed anything - I just noticed the problem recently.

Chris
    08-29-2008 12:26 PM
    I can't - my computer is currently busted.

I don't know if synching in the past fixed anything - I just noticed the problem recently.

Chris
    Ahhh, yeah that can be an issue as well.
    08-29-2008 12:30 PM
    I've had instances where I update from the phone and immediately the phone tells me there is an update for the same app... the old version. So if I update from 1.1 to 1.2, immediately after, the app store will tell me 1.1 is available as an update.
    09-04-2008 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD