Best software for converting videos (DVD) for use on iPhone?

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
i am having the same problem. Real choppy, huh?

Hi there everyone!
New to the forums, followed the blog for a while so... hi!

I have been skimming through this thread but I can't seem to figure out if people are having the same problem as I do.

This is what happens to me.

I want to put a movie on my new iphone 3gs.
I downloaded Handbrake, latest version.
I enter the VIDEO TS as the source and then I select Iphone as preset for the video output.
Then I start the conversion. I end up with a file right, but the visual and sound is all green and pixelated and the sound is lagging.

So I am thinking this might be a DVD protection thing? Or am I doing something wrong? Somebody was mentioning running a "DVD3Esomething" in the background while Handbrake is converting the movie. Would this solve the problem?

Thank you!

db7472

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
software for video convert

I didnt see a better forum to put this in, so here goes...

I was wondering what the best software is for converting DVD's etc... to an iphone compatible video format. I know of a few (Transfer my DVD, Roxio Crunch, etc...), but haven ever used any. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I've seen OJOsoft in action, and it's a pretty good converter with plenty of available formats (including different iPhone and iPod Touch formats of varying qualities) to which you can convert video files.

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I've tried several of the recommended DVD ripping downloads but still have had no luck. Is there not a program that can still rip/decrypt DVDs?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
On Windows, I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile from slysoft.com. AnyDVD sits in the system tray and when you insert a DVD it preps it so it can be copied, backed up, whatever even with copyprotection (just takes a few seconds for this process). I haven't found one it wouldn't do yet. Slysoft updates it nearly weekly. I use CloneDVD Mobile to rip the DVD to iPhone format. Excellent quality when finished. They are not free but I haven't had any problems with any DVD I have.

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'll look at both...they sound like what I'm looking for. Do you have to have both in order for them to work? I'm really looking for a good ripping software.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'll look at both...they sound like what I'm looking for. Do you have to have both in order for them to work? I'm really looking for a good ripping software.

No, you don't have to have both. CloneDVD Mobile will work just fine without AnyDVD as long as the DVD is not copyprotected.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
What do I use then if it is copy protected...AnyDVD?

That's what I use. So far, I haven't found a DVD that AnyDVD couldn't prepare so CloneDVD Mobile could rip.

I just remembered that you actually need an earlier version of CloneDVD Mobile. Something changed with the latest iTunes and it doesn't like the format of the output file.

The current version is 1.6.1.0
You want to use version 1.2.0.1 It's easy to find at SlySoft Forum I'm sure they will have the current version working correct soon.

Toby

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
On Windows, I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile from slysoft.com. AnyDVD sits in the system tray and when you insert a DVD it preps it so it can be copied, backed up, whatever even with copyprotection (just takes a few seconds for this process). I haven't found one it wouldn't do yet. Slysoft updates it nearly weekly. I use CloneDVD Mobile to rip the DVD to iPhone format. Excellent quality when finished. They are not free but I haven't had any problems with any DVD I have.

Seconded. I have the whole Slysoft suite, and am really happy with it.

eliudromo23

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the samething but I have a lot of rmbv format movies tha I would like to convert to iPhone format I don't know what converter to use I am also a pc windows xp user

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2