cucusoft is a solid product! what I really liked about it is that it converts with just one click.
    07-12-2009 09:08 PM
    I am a pc user and i use handbrake and love it
    07-27-2009 08:56 PM
    dvd to iphone ripping software can do that job. there are many that kind of program, download the free trial and evaluate it yourself.
    08-07-2009 11:44 PM
    just use google!!!!!!!
    08-26-2009 03:56 AM
    I am a pc user and i use handbrake and love it
    I use that one too. It does a magnificent job .
    08-27-2009 10:11 PM
    i just need clarification...i can DL a movie or music video with Limewire Pro and use Handbreak to convert it to iphone format??
    08-31-2009 05:25 PM
    I downloaded a protected video from the internet (had "DRM" in file name), and used DVDFab6 and handbrake to no avail. If I use Windows Media Player to open the ripped file, the video is scrambled. Handbrake doesn't appear to do anything; it completes the tasks, but no file results.

I thought it might be a codec problem (which kinda the reason for DVDFab and Handbrake, I supposed), but still nothing.

For what it's worth, the source file was "wmv", and I ripped it to "avi". I tried other formats, but avi was the only one that showed any promise of working.

What am I doing wrong? Is it the software, or something else?
    Last edited by ktdw; 09-05-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    09-05-2009 04:36 PM
    The only problem is that it is drm protected. That means you have to have a license to play it - or copy it.
    09-05-2009 05:39 PM
    ^^ so, am I misreading the following description from the website?

1. Remove all DVD copy protections, like CSS, CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc.

Oh, I think I understand....the copy protections are different from the other protections. Is there nothing out there to remove the drm?
    09-05-2009 06:13 PM
    I used Handbrake and I have movies downloaded from a source and I did the preset for iphone and ipod touch. did the source and i downloaded to desktop since I figured it was best place to not get lost. but my issue is I can't seem to drag it to the itune9... what am I doing wrong??? Help!!!
    09-13-2009 06:16 PM
    i tried handbrake and it worked, but the video is choppy and the sound is intermittent? help?
    09-16-2009 01:24 PM
    where is the download, or is a pay program?
    09-16-2009 01:25 PM
    i am having the same problem. Real choppy, huh?

[QUOTE=unspoken;1495699]Hi there everyone!
    New to the forums, followed the blog for a while so... hi!

I have been skimming through this thread but I can't seem to figure out if people are having the same problem as I do.

This is what happens to me.

I want to put a movie on my new iphone 3gs.
    I downloaded Handbrake, latest version.
    I enter the VIDEO TS as the source and then I select Iphone as preset for the video output.
    Then I start the conversion. I end up with a file right, but the visual and sound is all green and pixelated and the sound is lagging.

So I am thinking this might be a DVD protection thing? Or am I doing something wrong? Somebody was mentioning running a "DVD3Esomething" in the background while Handbrake is converting the movie. Would this solve the problem?

Thank you!
    09-16-2009 01:41 PM
    I didnt see a better forum to put this in, so here goes...

I was wondering what the best software is for converting DVD's etc... to an iphone compatible video format. I know of a few (Transfer my DVD, Roxio Crunch, etc...), but haven ever used any. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I've seen OJOsoft in action, and it's a pretty good converter with plenty of available formats (including different iPhone and iPod Touch formats of varying qualities) to which you can convert video files.
    09-22-2009 12:59 AM
    Ok, I've tried several of the recommended DVD ripping downloads but still have had no luck. Is there not a program that can still rip/decrypt DVDs?
    10-26-2009 07:00 PM
    Magic DVD Ripper - rip DVD to hard drive or blank DVD

that works for me . the free one . its ok with copyrighted stuff as well
    10-27-2009 10:01 PM
    Thanks...I'll give it a try.
    10-27-2009 10:41 PM
    On Windows, I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile from slysoft.com. AnyDVD sits in the system tray and when you insert a DVD it preps it so it can be copied, backed up, whatever even with copyprotection (just takes a few seconds for this process). I haven't found one it wouldn't do yet. Slysoft updates it nearly weekly. I use CloneDVD Mobile to rip the DVD to iPhone format. Excellent quality when finished. They are not free but I haven't had any problems with any DVD I have.
    10-27-2009 11:46 PM
    I'll look at both...they sound like what I'm looking for. Do you have to have both in order for them to work? I'm really looking for a good ripping software.
    10-28-2009 01:59 AM
    I'll look at both...they sound like what I'm looking for. Do you have to have both in order for them to work? I'm really looking for a good ripping software.
    No, you don't have to have both. CloneDVD Mobile will work just fine without AnyDVD as long as the DVD is not copyprotected.
    10-28-2009 11:06 AM
    What do I use then if it is copy protected...AnyDVD?
    10-28-2009 11:10 AM
    What do I use then if it is copy protected...AnyDVD?
    That's what I use. So far, I haven't found a DVD that AnyDVD couldn't prepare so CloneDVD Mobile could rip.

I just remembered that you actually need an earlier version of CloneDVD Mobile. Something changed with the latest iTunes and it doesn't like the format of the output file.

The current version is 1.6.1.0
    You want to use version 1.2.0.1 It's easy to find at SlySoft Forum I'm sure they will have the current version working correct soon.
    10-28-2009 11:25 AM
    Hey thanks for the info!
    10-28-2009 11:28 AM
    Hey thanks for the info!
    This page has a video tutorial showing how the software works.

SlySoft Video Tutorials
    10-28-2009 11:40 AM
    On Windows, I've used AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile from slysoft.com. AnyDVD sits in the system tray and when you insert a DVD it preps it so it can be copied, backed up, whatever even with copyprotection (just takes a few seconds for this process). I haven't found one it wouldn't do yet. Slysoft updates it nearly weekly. I use CloneDVD Mobile to rip the DVD to iPhone format. Excellent quality when finished. They are not free but I haven't had any problems with any DVD I have.
    Seconded. I have the whole Slysoft suite, and am really happy with it.
    10-29-2009 11:19 AM
136 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD