Best To-Do App?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I need a great today app, preferably free, but since I spend money on crap, if it may run me some dough, I may not mind.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I recommend JOTT! (FREE!!!) It is amazing since you just record your voice and it transcribes it for you. You are then able to create priorities on your to-do lists and able to check off each item as you finish it (the text becomes strikethrough) or delete each item if need be.

Why I like it:

1. It is basic

2. I don't have to type anything out. Sometimes I just have a random streams of consciousness of things that need to be done. All I do is tap the record screen, speak, and tap again. Repeat for next to do item.

I love making my grocery list on Jott as I read through cookbooks and just speak grocery items one-by-one in as I flip through the pages. No need to stop and write then double check that I have the right size can of tomato sauce written down.
Very rarely does Jott transcribe items wrong. The only two words it had trouble with so far: Basil and Hillshire. HOWEVER, both were easily figured out (Baesil and Hillshaire) and had (?) after each word.

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
The app To Do (there are a few; I speak of the $9.99 one) is fab. It's worth the $10 and syncs with RTM or Toodledo...meets my needs perfectly!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I just deleted Jott... seemed like too much setting up to do. I may re-install it.

I wanted to know what the difference was between the free to-dos and the ones that aren't free.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
The app To Do (there are a few; I speak of the $9.99 one) is fab. It's worth the $10 and syncs with RTM or Toodledo...meets my needs perfectly!
I just downloaded it and love this. Now, if only I could get ToodleSync up an running for Outlook, this would be as close to perfect as you can get for me without having the native support.

I just deleted Jott... seemed like too much setting up to do. I may re-install it.

I wanted to know what the difference was between the free to-dos and the ones that aren't free.
It really depends on which ones you are referring to. The $10 app syncs with Toodledo and Remember the Milk (although you have to be a premium member of RTM for it to work). The others are mostly independent apps that don't sync. Once you might try for free is Zenbe Lists. It's free, and syncs with a server for web based interaction.

Aug 12, 2008
Visit site
A free one that I really like

Zenbe - Allows you to create lists on your computer or iPhone and sync them. If you check off items they drop to the bottom of the list or you can delete them. I find it much easier to create lists on my computer but it is nice to be able to add things on my iphone. It was a little confusing figuring out what part of zenbe synced with the iphone but now that I have it set up it's great.

Apparently I am not allowed to post links yet, the part of the zenbe site that syncs with the iphone is 'lists dot zenbe dot com'

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I almost installed a to-do app but here is my question. Whats the point of these apps if you can put these in your calendar? Thats the only thing stopping me. The cal works awesome.

detroitsongbird

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
I'll second Zenbe.

The sharing of lists between users is an AWESOME feature. Both users can continue to edit the list and sync it up over the air.

It's the perfect "honey do list" for shopping, for example.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I almost installed a to-do app but here is my question. Whats the point of these apps if you can put these in your calendar? Thats the only thing stopping me. The cal works awesome.
Well, the reason I like a different app is that I am a procrastinator and never complete everything I need to do for the day. These applications allow for "Overdue Tasks" so you don't have to search your calendar to see if you forgot to do something.

chadman

TiPb Blog and Forum Staff
Sep 7, 2006
twitter.com
I prefer Appigo Todo; especially since they just added repeating tasks, and it syncs with either Toodledo or Remember the Milk.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I also use Appigo's Todo, it is expensive but it works very well for me. The (3) things I like best are a task counter on the app icon on the home screen, an upcoming tasks screen which shows the task due in a chronological order, and syncing with Toodledo.

I used to sync my old phone with outlook, but it was mainly for a backup. Syncing with Toodledo provides that backup and you can enter tasks from your computer if necessary through their web page.

Also, the task counter on the home screen only keeps track of the tasks due when you last opened up the app. You do have to open the app once a day to update the number of tasks due. (Due to the fact apple won't let apps run in the background)

The app also has a very high rating, especially with the total number of reviews.

-------------------

As far as free apps go, I thought Zenbe's Lists was pretty good. This is the one I would be using if I wasn't using Todo.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site

loreal22

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Not yet - but the developer told me that they were focusing on getting Exchange working for everyone, then they would start adding more advanced features.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I currently use Todo syncing with Toodledo, but would switch to this app once certain features were implemented. Looking forward to the development of this app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73