Two questions - iPod function and screen off

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
okay, two quick questions which I have tried to figure out, but to no avail.

The first is about the iPod functions on the iPhone. Is there some way, when playing a song to get either a progress. Bar (with time left or something) and a song repeat button? I could have sworn I saw one ok a screen at one point, but I haven't been able to replicate it. All I can get is the requmg, play/pause, and forward buttons.

Also, is there some way to prevent the screen from turning off when plugged in? I have my screen set to turn off after one minute, but I would like to leave it on if plugged in. Which also brings up the question: is it okay to leave plugged in even on a full battery (like in the car or something, on a car charged). It seems to vary from device to device.

Thanks.
Chris

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
okay, two quick questions which I have tried to figure out, but to no avail.

The first is about the iPod functions on the iPhone. Is there some way, when playing a song to get either a progress. Bar (with time left or something) and a song repeat button? I could have sworn I saw one ok a screen at one point, but I haven't been able to replicate it. All I can get is the requmg, play/pause, and forward buttons.

Tap on the album art above the Back/Play/Pause/Next Controls and you should see the progress bar and shuffle/repeat controls. It's a curious UI choice, but I figured it out eventually :)

Also, is there some way to prevent the screen from turning off when plugged in? I have my screen set to turn off after one minute, but I would like to leave it on if plugged in. Which also brings up the question: is it okay to leave plugged in even on a full battery (like in the car or something, on a car charged). It seems to vary from device to device.

I'm not aware of a means to regulate screen behavior by way of power status at this time - would be nice though! (I've seen a few people request a desk clock in the cradle, a la Palm OS functionality). Not sure about the battery question either - I've read reports of people doing so with the Gen. 1 iPhone with no ill effects though...

-kilsey

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I knew I saw something like that (the repeat and progress bar) - I just had no idea what I did to see it, or how to get it back!

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro