Texas Hold'em

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
This is a really cool game, that brings as close to feeling like you are really playing with other people as you can (while still playing a video game on a small 2 inch by 4 inch box).

I can't really judge the accuracy and intelligence of the AI on the game. I am not a professional, so I don't know if the game bluffs too much, doesn't call my bluffs, play wildly, or what.

The game play is really cool. You can hold the iPhone vertically, and get full video of the other players and dealer. You can fold your cards just by "flicking" them, or you can go all in by doing the same to your chips (careful you don't go all in when you mean to fold!). You can also hold the iPhone in landscape mode to get a view of the whole table (no video clips). You can see who is in for a hand, who raised, how much everyone has in chips, and how much is in the pot.

It has a multiplayer mode, but I haven't tried it yet. In single player, you start in a garage game. If you come in first, second or third, you win some money. The more money you have, the more "high end" games you can buy into (the garage game is free).

I give this 4 out of 5 stars. It would get a full five if there were more variety of players, or if the players video varied at all (the fold video is always the same, the raise video is always the same, etc).

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal