I used to use Newsbreak on my PPC, and now I need a replacement. I'm assuming it can all be done with some sort of online news aggregator, but I don't know where the best place to start.

Can anybody give me a good recommendation of an application or website that can aggregate all my news feeds in one place?

Thanks
    07-16-2008 09:12 AM
    newsgator.com would be a great place to start. they have an iphone app called netnewswire that is one of the best for rss feed aggregating.
    07-16-2008 10:29 AM
    I'm also looking for a NewsBreak replacement...what sort of podcast support does NetNewsWire have? Can it automatically download podcasts from an RSS feed? Where does it store them? How do you play them?

MS
    07-16-2008 10:39 AM
    Thanks. I'll give it a look. Have you used it?

msztany, now that I have an iphone....I'm using iTunes for my podcasts. So far so good.
    07-16-2008 12:09 PM
    Yes, I'm also currently using iTunes for podcasts, but I'd like some way to update them without connecting to my PC.

MS
    07-16-2008 12:46 PM
    ah...that's a good point. I wonder what the solution would be.
    07-16-2008 12:59 PM
    For purely RSS, I use Google Reader. It's not an offline product, but it is nice to have what I have read sycn online. I use iTunes for my podcasts, so I am not sure if it handles podcasts.
    07-17-2008 10:21 AM
    I'm really liking Google Reader. With Newsbreak, some feeds would only have the intro paragraph, Reader seems to get most feeds complete and most with pictures.

I wish there was a way to read off line. But I think I'm out of luck.
    07-18-2008 08:57 AM
    by the way... netnewswire is QUITE buggy... its crashed my iphone consistently once a day for the past 6 days...
    07-18-2008 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD