purchased apps on multiple iphones

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
Well I wasnt sure if apple was going to let you do this but apparently they are so thats nice. I got super monkey ball earlier today and loaded it onto my iPhone and just updated the wifes iPhone with 2.0 and it shows the apps that have been downloaded in her iPhone settings as well so I was able to synch it to hers. I guess it goes to show that when you expect the worst every once in a while you get a nice suprise:)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
How did you do it? Thanks!!

One way of doing it is going into another computer that has iTunes on it and login to your iTunes account on there and making that computer a authorized computer. You can do this with 5 different computers. Then sync the other persons phone and when they go into the app store on their phone they have to enter your password because it is using your iTunes account. Just that it is now on their iPhone as well. And once you go to download apps as long as they were purchased already they will re-download for free... simple. I would only do this if it is a person you really trust.

Wegmans#IM

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
I've been putting the .aap files on an SD card then dragging them into the other person's library. Then double clicking on it and entering my password and making it an authorized comp..

biggest downside is that you cannot update the programs!!! such a limitation!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been putting the .aap files on an SD card then dragging them into the other person's library. Then double clicking on it and entering my password and making it an authorized comp..

biggest downside is that you cannot update the programs!!! such a limitation!

If you do it like described above you will have no issue updating the apps.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
One way of doing it is going into another computer that has iTunes on it and login to your iTunes account on there and making that computer a authorized computer. You can do this with 5 different computers. Then sync the other persons phone and when they go into the app store on their phone they have to enter your password because it is using your iTunes account. Just that it is now on their iPhone as well. And once you go to download apps as long as they were purchased already they will re-download for free... simple. I would only do this if it is a person you really trust.

Yep that works too I guess. We just use the same computer and both use the same itunes account so it makes it even easier.:D

inertialnav

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Sharing Apps

I am thinking about getting my kids an iPod Touch for Xmas. I have a lot of games on my iPhone 3G and I'm wondering: How hard is it to put those apps on the iPod Touch?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No hacking is needed and yes you can do this. To know more check out this thread here.

*You do NOT have to pay for the apps again either. Just to be clear.

Last edited:

devax

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
I have two iPhones and I've been able to install all the apps in both. I've even connected my sisters iPhone to my Mac and installed my apps on hers.

ErikJeanna

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Aren't you allowed to "authorize" up to 5 computers to where you can keep a copy of everything on your iPhone/iTouch? Wouldn't that allow you to technically "share" your apps and such?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Aren't you allowed to "authorize" up to 5 computers to where you can keep a copy of everything on your iPhone/iTouch? Wouldn't that allow you to technically "share" your apps and such?

Yes you are allowed to "authorize" 5 computers. That alone will not allow you to "share" apps. Each device you want the apps to be on has to be named the same. For a better understanding, check out the link I posted above.

devax

Sep 13, 2008
Visit site
Our phones are not named the same and the apps work. Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I have downloaded dozens of apps on my iMac. Then connected my iPhone and uploaded the applications. When I connect my wife's iPhone I have access to all those apps. and I simply upload them to hers as well.

When my sister came over the other day I upgraded her software while she was here and uploaded a bunch of applications to her iPhone as well.

So, as far as I am seeing, there is no restriction as to how many computers can use your apps. I know that alot of them are free, but even the pay versions uploaded just fine.

Am I missing something?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Our phones are not named the same and the apps work. Maybe I'm not understanding the question. I have downloaded dozens of apps on my iMac. Then connected my iPhone and uploaded the applications. When I connect my wife's iPhone I have access to all those apps. and I simply upload them to hers as well.

When my sister came over the other day I upgraded her software while she was here and uploaded a bunch of applications to her iPhone as well.

So, as far as I am seeing, there is no restriction as to how many computers can use your apps. I know that alot of them are free, but even the pay versions uploaded just fine.

Am I missing something?

When your sister tries syncing with her computer she will now get a message saying her phone is not synced to her computer and ask to restore it... Unless she registers her computer under your iTunes account now...

patrickbballer

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
i have a question

if i have an iphone 3g full of apps that i have bought on my iphone appstore. if i connect it to a brand new mac that i am going to buy is there anyway of getting the information off of my iphone and onto my new mac(itunes)

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
not sure I get this thread?

Are people having problems with syncing apps on multiple phones/ipods?? I can download an update/app on my iphone, plug it in, it will backwards sync to Itunes and then sync right onto my wifes Iphone no prob... Why would you have to pay for it twice??

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
not sure I get this thread?

Are people having problems with syncing apps on multiple phones/ipods?? I can download an update/app on my iphone, plug it in, it will backwards sync to Itunes and then sync right onto my wifes Iphone no prob... Why would you have to pay for it twice??

If you share the same iTunes account yes, you can share apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW