Post the Apps you Downloaded and Total MB/GB

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I just bought Super Monkey Ball!

I just had to say it! I got iTunes 7.7 and I downloaded a whole bunch of apps already, Super Monkey Ball was the first! :D

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I envy you. I'm still waiting to get mine tomorrow (if everything goes as planned). Could you give a rundown of any other great games that are available as of now?

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
No need to wait. Just download iTunes 7.7, go into the iTunes Store and search for an app (like Super Monkey Ball). From there you can buy the app and get into the full App Store. There are a bunch of other games, CroMag Rally, Bomberman, about 30 different Sudokus.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
I am starting this thread to help people know what apps are out there, which are popular in our little section of the internet, and the total amount of space the apps consume. The latter will help those who are fence sitting about the 8gig versus 16gig.
Post away... I'll be back in a bit to contribute... but I need to start getting my download on as I just woke up to iPhone madness.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
AIM
Box Office
Bubble Bash
Ebay Mobile
Etch a Sketch
Facebook
iScopes
MLB at Bat
NYTimes
Paypal
Phonesaber (for the star wars geeks)
Remote
Super Monkey Ball
YPmobile

Sorry don't have sizes but I do know the Bubble bash was the biggest at 75 meg.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
A little dissapointed

So I too just got SMB and to tell you the truth I'm regretting it:eek: It's kind of hard to control strike that its really hard to control. I have no idea how the dude in the video at the apple conference did it. I would say wait and play it on a friends iphone if they already got it to see for your self if you want it that bad. I kinda wish I would have got cro mag rally. Also I wish apple would have put up that star fighter game that looked cool.

Also its 35.4MB
and the iTunes remote app is 1.1MB

Last edited:

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Well I am still downloading but here is what I have so far:

Advent (979 KB)
AIM (567 KB)
AOL Radio (306 KB)
Jirbo Arcade (3 MB)
Bejeweled 2 (8.9 MB)
Check Please (141 KB)
eReader (1 MB)
Google Mobile (664 KB)
Light (63 KB)
Math QuizK (147 KB)
Phone Saber (859 KB)
Reversi (314 KB)
Save Benjis (424 KB)
Truveo (216 KB)

So far only about 17.5 MBs... Hmmm... although I am still leaning toward the 16gb (and my wallet toward the 8gb) it is not the apps that are going to do me in (space wise).

Also, I only paid for Reversi and Bejeweled 2. I am waiting for users to post reviews of apps before I put down money on them. Once that happens I am sure I will have a much higher app count (in both price and space).

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Too lazy to write it all out.
But on average they're all around 250KB - 600KB.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2vkcas2.png

And I want to try out a few different apps that do the same thing to see which I like the best. I'll certainly buy the Premium Twitteriffic app if I like it, those guys are great. The Flickr one also interests me.

I'm liking the sound of FREE SMS messages with AIM too.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
That's exactly what I've been thinking while everyone's been whining about no SMS included in the iPhone's data plan anymore.

I think I'll sign up with the $5 SMS package anyway in case someone really needs to tell me something important/quickly. But it's one way to increase your message allowance.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Could someone elaborate on the "free SMS with AIM" comment? I'm not sure I follow.

Well iChat and AIM both support being able to send text messages. And most phones will allow them to reply to you. All you have to do is add a buddy with your friend's number like the following: +12223334444
If the number is outside the US then you'd use that country code instead of a 1 in front of the 10 digit number.

What I did was registered a brand new AOL screen name and set it up just for texting, so my only contacts were their phone numbers. It's a little easier to manage that way. You could also set up a specific group just for phone numbers.

BaLLi5t1c

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
Well iChat and AIM both support being able to send text messages. And most phones will allow them to reply to you. All you have to do is add a buddy with your friend's number like the following: +12223334444
If the number is outside the US then you'd use that country code instead of a 1 in front of the 10 digit number.

What I did was registered a brand new AOL screen name and set it up just for texting, so my only contacts were their phone numbers. It's a little easier to manage that way. You could also set up a specific group just for phone numbers.

Thanks for the descriptive response. Would my friends be able to initiate a text session with me (i.e. send me a text without me having to send them one first to reply to)?

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site

I'm hoping that the new iPhone app lightning reviews section will be a place where people on tipb forums can do the same thing as what gizmodo is doing. If so and we start posting reviews dont forget if you want to take a screenshot of the app all you have to do is hold the home button and press the lock button (top right) and it will save a screenshot to your picture roll. Then upload it.

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I've downloaded and kept 22 apps. All of them are free. And while I've seen every free app in the store, these are the ones I know I'll use -- and the best(out of the offered apps, IMO) at what they do.

My home screen(I'll attach a picture too):
AIM - great app, most of my gripes are with the service and IMs in general
Myspace - I know, I know, but it's my favorite social networking site
Bloomberg - really nice interface, lots of info alongside quotes, reliable, great news
AP Mobile News - while the articles aren't always great, there is video, and often mult. pics
NetNewsWire - I've always avoided feeds because I like physical webpages, but given the time I save with feeds, it is great for the iPhone. I'm reluctantly converting on my laptop too. Time is money. I also don't experience any of the things others are complaining about.
Last.fm - I know a lot of people are using Pandora, but I already have a Last.fm account. So I went with the legacy wares. Anyone know if there is a significant difference between the two?
Aurora Feint - my favorite game. Kind of buggy, long, redundant and increasingly pointless with play, but I like it. It just needs some work.

First alternate:
BoxOffice - it has reviews and location aware showtimes. Flawless.
Yelp - new to this, but I've planned a lunch tomorrow around the reviews. Really helpful.
Ebay - where would I be without eBay? Poorer, that's where.
Eventful - I can't say I've found this useful yet(most of the "events" in my area are religious events), but I haven't tinkered with it a lot yet. It would be nice not to get my info on "the streets."
DoBot Todos - simplicity is why I picked this "todo" app. My only problem is when you create a new folder for todos, there is no way to delete it. You have to reinstall the app.
Remote - great for controlling my computers when hooked up for entertainment
Scribble - mainly so I can draw silly things if I get the urge.
Light - simple, easy. No settings. No buttons.
Exposure - the ads suck, but Flickr browsing is important.
PangeaVR - I am VERY impressed with this app. I love it. The panoramas combined with the touchscreen make me feel like I'm there.

Second alternate:
Othello - I'm an Othello buff, so this was a no brainer. But even on its most difficult setting, it's too easy to beat. It maybe thinks one or two move ahead.
Tap Tap Revenge - fun for 2 players, even for 1 player.
Cube Runner - great use of the accelerometer. It's graphically simple, but somehow a lot of fun still.
JirboBreak - I really hate the look of this game, but this is the only game of its type for free.
Epocrates Rx - I just love the app and the idea. And you never know, it might come in handy. Maybe someday I want to buy some streets drugs, you never know.

I wish I remembered all the ones I've deleted, but there have been quite a few. I hated Zenbe todos because it was too complicated for something as simple as todos. Or at least too complicate for what I would use todos for. I delete Korebasi Lite; it was too unresponsive and boring. VNC Lite: it was easy to setup, but I have no use for it with the remote app. Evernote. I wouldn't find much use for it. I also downloaded Where and YPmobile but I get the same functionality with Maps, so they're wasted space. I also deleted Loopt and Whrrl because I don't know anyone that uses them, nor do I find them doing anything I couldn't do with other apps. That isn't all my tested and deleted apps, but they are the ones I remembered.

I covered which ones I use a lot and my favorites in my list. And notice in the attachments I get NOT A SINGLE BAR of service in my living room. ATT...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR