since like 4000 applicants have been able to write and publish applications to the App store, how can someone write their own application and use it on their iphone? i'd be interested in learning the programming language if that were possible.
    06-28-2008 10:06 PM
    You have to have the SDK, be signed into a Developer Program ($99 or $299 a year), get a code-signing certificate, and have the beta firmware that will allow you to upload and test your applications on a physical iPhone. To get started, check out iPhone Dev Center
    07-03-2008 09:07 AM
    You have to have the SDK, be signed into a Developer Program ($99 or $299 a year), get a code-signing certificate, and have the beta firmware that will allow you to upload and test your applications on a physical iPhone. To get started, check out iPhone Dev Center
    Hold on, though. Isn't that's to get into the Developer Program? What if I just want to use the SDK to write my own code to use ONLY on my iPhone. Is there a vehicle for doing that, not involving paying Apple $99 to put something on my phone and my phone only?
    07-03-2008 11:49 PM
    You still need to get into the Developer Program in order to obtain Development/Distribution Certificates that will sign your code in order to run it on a physical device. The new iPhone/iPod Touch firmware will only run signed code.
    07-04-2008 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD