So I just read an article where MS has released windows live for the blackberry as well as for the nokia platform as well. Also there was an article from the wsj or something like that where MS apple developers said that they were looking at the iPhone sdk soon after it was released. Anyways I wonder if this means we could finaly get some kind of push hotmail email service for the iPhone.
    06-17-2008 06:18 AM
    Windows Live software doesn't seem unlikely considering Microsoft develops for the Mac platform already. As for push Hotmail... maybe, depending on how the process will work. Whether they choose to implement it themselves or go through Apple. I think Hotmail might charge people to access the feature. I would really like to see push gmail.
    06-17-2008 10:16 AM
    They've already got a push type of hotmail for WM type phones I would love to atleast be able to GET my hotmail I dont even need push. Also MSN messenger would be nice but I guess we probably wouldn't see that until sept.
    06-17-2008 12:36 PM
    Why September? I wonder what IM apps will be available when the software store releases. I am hoping for AIM (which I think will be) and maybe Adium. That would be great if a multi-protocol IM app is available.
    06-17-2008 04:56 PM
    Why September? I wonder what IM apps will be available when the software store releases. I am hoping for AIM (which I think will be) and maybe Adium. That would be great if a multi-protocol IM app is available.
    Next month is when the Push Notification will be released to developers and in September it will be released to everyone, so you'll be able to see if you have new IMs without the app actually running. I'm guessing you'll see chat clients out next month but they'll be updated when the Push Notification comes out. Sucks they didn't think of this in March when the first SDK came out.

As for Hotmail on the iPhone, I HIGHLY doubt it. You have to pay for Hotmail's service (not too surprising though coming from Microsuck) to access it through Outlook or Mail.app. Just another reason to use Gmail.
    Last edited by Reaktor5; 06-18-2008 at 01:57 AM.
    06-18-2008 01:50 AM

As for Hotmail on the iPhone, I HIGHLY doubt it. You have to pay for Hotmail's service (not too surprising though coming from Microsuck) to access it through Outlook or Mail.app. Just another reason to use Gmail.
    I didn't have to pay anything to access it from outlook maybe for outlook express but not the full version of MS Outlook. Also I didn't have to pay anything to get it on my Treo 750 as for the new blackberry software they are making I have no idea if that will cost money or not.
    06-22-2008 09:38 PM
    I didn't have to pay anything to access it from outlook maybe for outlook express but not the full version of MS Outlook. Also I didn't have to pay anything to get it on my Treo 750 as for the new blackberry software they are making I have no idea if that will cost money or not.
    Hmm, well it doesn't work through Mail.app or the current iPhone. So I'm not sure. Hotmail is outdated and Gmail, in its beta form, beats the pants off of it.
    06-22-2008 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD