Requests for Apps Here!

Billsteve

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I want a RTS with multiplayer internet and lan. like starcraft or something. or maybe a turn based game. something that does not take too much time, or battery

gfunk808

Jul 12, 2008
Visit site
PROFILES please!!

this is a MUST have for a cell phone. I had it on my Treo and u can do things like create profiles (ringtone, volume, screen brightness) and then use triggers (time of day, plugged in, day of week) to automatically set the profiles as active.

SOMEONE please create this!

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'd totally dig a geocaching application - I used to use my Treo and a bluetooth GPS unit for this and an all in one package with the iphone would be great.

Cetus GPS on the Palm gives a pretty good example of the simplicity of the interface:
Cetus GPS - N 55? 23? E 10? 26?

The ability to hit the geocaching.com website and import .gpx coordinate files would also be great with the lack of copy/paste, but I'll take what I can get :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I would love to see the following

A good units converter program. There is one already, but you can't choose the units from a list, you have to type the actual units in. A little unwieldy.

A cribbage program would be great.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
It might be cool to have a "screen saver" type of program where it can be put in landscape mode to display a digital clock, calendar information, and may other information like battery time, unread emails, signal strength, etc. Sitting on your desk in landscape mode it might look just like a cool digital clock.

Chris

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
How about a more full fledged TASKS program that actually lets you assign categories, but most importantly, has BUILT IN REPEATING TASKS functionality?

benji#IM

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
An app that lets you locate where your friends are and actually uses the GPS in the Iphone 3G....Loopt, Where, and Whrrl all claim to "help you keep track of your friends"...Whrrl's latest update even claims to take advantage of the 3G's "more robust" location abilities...but none of these apps work like the GPS locater in the native Maps app! They only seem to locate you within a few blocks, if you find your location in Maps and then open Loopt...sometimes it gets it right, sometimes...Anyway, a friend locater that "just works" would be awesome.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
How about a Sirius Satellite Player... I know there is one for XM but where is the Sirius love for Howard Stern???

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Other platforms have various security programs, where if you phone is stolen, you can send yourself a text message that will lock the phone, or erase it. Is such a thing possible with the iPhone?

Chris

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Two apps I haven't seen but would love:
TV Guide app to check what shows are on, mark favorites, all that cool stuff.
And a UPS/FedEX tracking app, there was one for jailbroken iPhones but I haven't seen one in the app store yet.

Last edited:

dcharles

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
What I would like to see is not a new app but a modification to an existing one. I would like the calendar icon to have an indicator on it telling you how many appointments you have that day similar to the way new message and missed call indicators appear.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
an msn application!

Actually one was just released this weekend called Palringo. It does AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo, Gadu Gadu (who actually uses that?), Jabber, and of course, MSN.
They also claim to be able to send and receive picture messages, I just installed it yesterday and have been rather busy so I haven't been able to play around with it.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Two apps I haven't seen but would love:
TV Guide app to check what shows are on, mark favorites, all that cool stuff.
And a UPS/FedEX tracking app, there was one for jailbroken iPhones but I haven't seen one in the app store yet.

Found some interesting stuff on the tracking app. After finding this very useful widget that this guy made, it seems he's working on an iPhone app as well:
MIKE PIONTEK // journal / mac os x / delivery status for iphone

Looks awesome!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2