What application are you most looking forward to?

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
I had editable office documents on my palm for years and used it exactly once.

I want better viewing of office documents. For example, a word document with track changes gets all screwed up on iphone.

Theta

Aug 14, 2004
www.forensicsguy.com
I had editable office documents on my palm for years and used it exactly once.

I want better viewing of office documents. For example, a word document with track changes gets all screwed up on iphone.

I track my mileage for my work vehicle daily, as well as use various spreadsheets with scientific formulas at least a few times a week. I also have court testimony counts, and a case logfile I update routinely, and then sync to my computer.

I don't care how good it looks, I just need it to function, and to be able to function in areas where there is no data connection, so it has to be a local function.

Now that may never happen, and I have to admit that after playing with my wife's iPhone since Christmas, I'm less than impressed, so I can certainly wait.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Let's see...

1. internet radio..and hopefully EDGE is good enough..

2. GAMES! Something like bejeweled, chess, is all i'm wanting..not web2.0 but decent apps.

3. A file explorer type program where you can make use of the storage.

4. Email addon where you can attach files, delete multiple items, etc.

5. splash ID or similar

6. and yes..cut and paste..lol

7. slingbox

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Cardfan,

1. You, sir, have obviously never been under the yolk of Canadian data "rates". Dark of night, we whisper tales of $2000 bills for daring even try internet radio. :) Seriously, though, I've been streaming audio and video via MobileSafari's QT engine over Wi-Fi and it's worked beautifully.

5. 1Password would rock the iPhone (It kicked SplashID off my computer). They've already got a crazy Javascript workaround to inject saved passwords into MobileSafari but an integrated app like they have now on the desktop would be perfect.

7. See 1.

What I'd like, and mentioned in another thread, is a Logitech-killer wifi remote control for Front Row, iTunes, Apple TV etc. devices.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well i know not about the $2000 bills..but i just mean something similar to pockettunes on the treo that streams radio. I'll even use the centro at times because of this. It's done over EVDO. I'm not usually near a wifi spot unless i'm home.

I suppose i might try using the safari browser to see if it'll stream at sites..haven't tried that.

5. yeah i'm all for a password app of any kind. Doesn't have to be splash. It seems every day i'm asked to supply a userid and password for something..

Now slingbox i would think has to be run over wifi til they get a 3G phone.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Macworld's list:

http://www.macworld.com/article/132322/2008/03/iphoneapps.html

Amazon Kindle client
Photobooth
Screenshot
Digital level (plum line)
Airfoil
Unit Converter
Blogging client
Finger paint
Radio client
Better calc
Dictionary/thesaurus
Video player
Twitter client
Photo editor
Flickr uploader
PDF/Comic viewer
RSS reader
VoIP
VNC
Voice notes
Sling Player
Text Expander/macro
Wifi iTunes controller
Doc editor
AIM client
To Dos

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
MMS would be nice, although I've lived without it for the past 4 Windows Mobile devices I've owned thru Sprint and I'm still alive. But yeah, it would be nice.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Did you mean "read," Mike? Because it can already do that (except for powerpoint, though that's included in the 2.0 version of the OS.)

I just finished my first iphone-native application using the official SDK. Amazingly simple to write pretty complex applications, especially given that my objective-C is not the greatest (I'm a longtime c++ programmer, however).

For those of you who remember the big virtual memory discussion, turns out the iphone DOES have virtual memory. It operates a bit differently from the desktop version, though, so you are limited to physical memory space.

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
i expect Opera or someone will port a new web browser and add flash if it's not possible to add a flash plugin to mobile safari.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods