SplashID is in the works!

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Would save me having to get everything into 1Password I guess. Anyone know if there's an easy way to do that (export from Splash ID and import into 1Password)?

Gee-Man

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Would save me having to get everything into 1Password I guess. Anyone know if there's an easy way to do that (export from Splash ID and import into 1Password)?

I moved to 1Password from SplashID recently, and it has an automatic import function that supports SplashID CSV files. Export from SplashID desktop, import into 1Password, and you're done. The import is not perfect, and it doesn't have as many automatic categories as SplashID does, but it does work and it got everything over. Everything that is a web form came over correctly, everything else gets stored as a "secure note".

I really like the Palm version of SplashID, but the lack of a decent desktop equivalent for the Mac made me make the switch. Plus the fact that 1Password supports desktop browsers much better - I hated having to pull out my Treo or do a copy/paste everytime I wanted to remember/enter a password on my computer.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
You trust it? 1Password, that is.
Is there are reason I shouldn't? I thought the encryption was pretty good:

The bit that gives 1Password the nod above others at the moment is that the bookmarklet is encrypted with good cryptography. The blowfish cipher is a well-respected cipher by Bruce Schneier, one of the most respected cryptologists out there, and 1Password uses blowfish's maximum key length of 448 bits within the bookmarklet. So, if you're looking to store your passwords with heavy-duty security, 1Password might be worth your look.

http://www.phonedifferent.com/2007/10/iphone_password_manager_a_chal.html

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I moved to 1Password from SplashID recently, and it has an automatic import function that supports SplashID CSV files. Export from SplashID desktop, import into 1Password, and you're done. The import is not perfect, and it doesn't have as many automatic categories as SplashID does, but it does work and it got everything over. Everything that is a web form came over correctly, everything else gets stored as a "secure note".

I really like the Palm version of SplashID, but the lack of a decent desktop equivalent for the Mac made me make the switch. Plus the fact that 1Password supports desktop browsers much better - I hated having to pull out my Treo or do a copy/paste everytime I wanted to remember/enter a password on my computer.
Thanks. That worked. Lost the field labels in the things that became secure notes, but that's ok as they're pretty obvious and most of the info was just copied into the 'notes' bit of SplashID anyway.

Is there a solution to the keychain locked or unlocked dilemma? I have it set to lock when the application quits, but this seems to mean that the browser integration doesn't work. The browser integration would be nice, but not at the expense of having sensitive data exposed.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Is there a solution to the keychain locked or unlocked dilemma? I have it set to lock when the application quits, but this seems to mean that the browser integration doesn't work. The browser integration would be nice, but not at the expense of having sensitive data exposed.
Found the autolock preference (Preferences>Keychain>Edit Keychain Settings) so problem solved.