Nintendo's attitude towards mobile games

SimonSage

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
So, one of Nintendo's oldest developers, Shigeru Miyamoto, threw a bone to smartphone gaming by saying Angry Birds was his favourite game in the last year. This is huge because Nintendo's stance has been unilaterally anti-smartphone. They're putting all of their money into the Nintendo DS line and it's not working at all - they lost $800 million in Q4 2011. This wounds me, because Nintendo makes excellent games and could do some truly innovative stuff, but they can't let go of their high margins because of this insane amount of pride they have towards their creations. Meanwhile, Microsoft is all-in with mobile gaming by way of Windows Phone, and so is Sony by stamping PlayStation certifications on their Android devices.

That said, it's easy to understand that Nintendo will have a rocky ride if they aren't churning out hardware, and god knows the Wii U isn't going to cut it. What could Nintendo do to remain profitable and not just wither away into a dessicated husk out of sheer stubbornness?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion they are gonna loose out. My kids all have iPhones. If you ask them if they would rather have a ds or game they can use on their iPhone or iPad guess which one they choose. And this is coming form kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They should keep with the ds and wii but just give in and develop IOS games that way they can some cash from all the users .. But still have ds for users that don't want or have iPods etc

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My brother plays his 3DS and iPad. I also have my 3DS and iPad. I don't play games on my iPhone because of the screen size but I think it would be amazing if Nintendo brought some games over to iOS. Times and kids are changing.

damans

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hardware.gif
Recoup losses in games sold?