Hopes For iPhone 11

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
After seeing Samsung’s impressive announcement of the S10+ I feel so conflicted. I love Apple but I can’t help but want the S10+ for all of its amazing features. But then I think of everything I love about iOS compared to android like the immediate updates and stability. Sigh. I really hope Apple ups it’s game with the next iPhone because otherwise I am seriously considering jumping back over to Samsung. I can’t go past that beautiful camera and display. I very nearly ordered one today so I would have both the Xs Max and the S10+ which is overkill. PLEASE APPLE. Blow it out of the park in September!

This should say iPhone 11. Oops

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
After seeing Samsung’s impressive announcement of the S10+ I feel so conflicted. I love Apple but I can’t help but want the S10+ for all of its amazing features. But then I think of everything I love about iOS compared to android like the immediate updates and stability. Sigh. I really hope Apple ups it’s game with the next iPhone because otherwise I am seriously considering jumping back over to Samsung. I can’t go past that beautiful camera and display. I very nearly ordered one today so I would have both the Xs Max and the S10+ which is overkill. PLEASE APPLE. Blow it out of the park in September!

This should say iPhone 11. Oops

I didn’t see the announcement myself but what exactly did you see that you wished iPhone would incorporate? From a hardware standpoint I’d say the XS Max is amazing. The S10+ may have a beautiful display and camera but so does the XS Max.
My hopes for iPhone in 2019 don’t come from hardware updates and, quite honestly, I wouldn’t expect any major changes in that regard until at least 2020. I could be wrong though. That said I think Apple has a lot to gain from a software standpoint. I like iOS 12 but at this point the interface is getting a little old. Some new functionality and a design uplift would be a welcomed change at this point.
By the way, I fixed your thread title for you.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
From the little I've seen about the S10+, I think it looks like a great phone. I'm just not an Android person. I love Apple's ecosystem and am more than content to remain one. I do agree with the hope that Apple ups its game with iOS 13. We do need better functionality, and I would love for Siri to make leaps and bounds towards better functionality.

As for prices, I agree that they are getting out of control!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As for advancement the Samsung Galaxy Fold starting at 2 Grand maybe we should take a step Back .

I know crazy right

Price size and foldable is not what I’m gonna be interested in but am curious who would be.

This can’t be the next big leap in personal communication devices

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the Samsung Fold is just Samsung putting out an innovative product so they can say they were among the first .I do not think they expect to sell very many.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to iOS 13. The device itself is not a priority for me. My current iPhone X pretty much provides everything I need in a smart phone.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’m getting bored of the iOS software. There has been no big differences in ages. Just the Animojis. I miss the multitasking of apps on android and being able to set up screens and place apps where I want them rather than having to have them all lined up from top to bottom

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I’m getting bored of the iOS software. There has been no big differences in ages. Just the Animojis. I miss the multitasking of apps on android and being able to set up screens and place apps where I want them rather than having to have them all lined up from top to bottom

I agree with you. Apple needs to do something to refresh IOS, it is getting stale again (like before they removed all the felt looks in apps). The past 2-3 iphones have so much power, yet the OS does not take advantage of it.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I didn’t see the announcement myself but what exactly did you see that you wished iPhone would incorporate? From a hardware standpoint I’d say the XS Max is amazing. The S10+ may have a beautiful display and camera but so does the XS Max.
My hopes for iPhone in 2019 don’t come from hardware updates and, quite honestly, I wouldn’t expect any major changes in that regard until at least 2020. I could be wrong though. That said I think Apple has a lot to gain from a software standpoint. I like iOS 12 but at this point the interface is getting a little old. Some new functionality and a design uplift would be a welcomed change at this point.
By the way, I fixed your thread title for you.

The S10+ has a better camera. The dual aperture lens and night mode means that in low light scenarios pictures are more detailed and brighter. Both have a 2x optical zoom telephoto lens so their zoom capabilities are roughly the same. However the S10+ also has an ultra-wide camera, which the iPhone XS doesn’t.

In daylight using the main camera both the XS Max and S10+ are equal/great, with the S10+ having slightly more vivid colours and the XS more natural, so it really depends on your personal taste for colours. But in low light and in terms of versatility the S10+ undoubtedly has the advantage. Selfie wise the S10+ has a 10MP+8MP setup with an f/1.9 aperture compared to the XS Max’s 7MP f/2.2. Both do great selfies but the S10+ has the slight edge.

My hopes for the iPhone XI are mainly a substantially larger battery (at least 3600mAh for 6.5 inch XI and 3100mAh for the 5.8 inch XI), triple lens rear camera, more customisation in iOS 13 and the return of Touch ID in either a side-mounted fingerprint sensor or an in-display one.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My hopes for the iPhone XI are mainly a substantially larger battery (at least 3600mAh for 6.5 inch XI and 3100mAh for the 5.8 inch XI), triple lens rear camera, more customisation in iOS 13 and the return of Touch ID in either a side-mounted fingerprint sensor or an in-display one.

All would be nice additions but I doubt we’ll see many of those. A substantially larger battery is, well, substantially larger. I don’t see how they could do that without some noticeable design changes. Real estate inside of smartphones today is precious. iOS 13 has been in beta for a while now and we’re mere weeks away from a public release. Dark Mode was added—which is awesome—but we won’t be seeing Android-level customization in iOS 13. I’d bet we’ll be seeing under-screen Touch ID at some point but I don’t think it will be this year. Apple is all-in on Face ID and after using it for the past two years I’ve grown quite fond of it. If adding back Touch ID means giving up Face ID I’d rather it not happen. If they give us both options at some point that would be great.

As far as the triple camera lens, you’re in luck. It’s all but official that we’ll be seeing it this year.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
All would be nice additions but I doubt we’ll see many of those. A substantially larger battery is, well, substantially larger. I don’t see how they could do that without some noticeable design changes. Real estate inside of smartphones today is precious. iOS 13 has been in beta for a while now and we’re mere weeks away from a public release. Dark Mode was added—which is awesome—but we won’t be seeing Android-level customization in iOS 13. I’d bet we’ll be seeing under-screen Touch ID at some point but I don’t think it will be this year. Apple is all-in on Face ID and after using it for the past two years I’ve grown quite fond of it. If adding back Touch ID means giving up Face ID I’d rather it not happen. If they give us both options at some point that would be great.

As far as the triple camera lens, you’re in luck. It’s all but official that we’ll be seeing it this year.

If the leaks are true this is the year when Apple iPhone sales could increase. Looking forward to seeing how good the triple lens camera system is and the better battery life. I wonder what the 2020 iPhones will look like...hopefully the design will be better.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox