Hopes For iPhone 11

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Introducing the 2020 iPhone, powered by your body.

Needs NO battery.

Total-Recall-Implanted-hand-phone.jpg

Also needs NO screen. Just place your hand against a glass:

00_40_4300199.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Introducing the 2020 iPhone, powered by your body.

Needs NO battery.

View attachment 126610

Also needs NO screen. Just place your hand against a glass:

View attachment 126611

Dude. This is nothing.
The future is implants.

Lenses in pupils, chips in thumb and wrist, accelerometer in ankles, speakers next to your ears under your scalpel, all kinds of health related sensors next to your organs.
That’s what I want, that’s what tech companies should focus on instead of adding extra lenses in ugly bumps..

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the comparison video @love4speechless. Clearly the S10 has everything in it including the kitchen sink. Every year Samsung gets better than the previous year and so does Apple, however it seems as though Samsung gives you more for your money to be honest.
I sometimes wonder why/how can Samsung put this much technology into a smartphone and charge less than Apple does. Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products.
Don't get me wrong I like my Apple products as well as the eco system and my Xs Max, but I do wish my device had comparable tech specs to Samsung for the same pricing...just sayin'

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the comparison video @love4speechless. Clearly the S10 has everything in it including the kitchen sink. Every year Samsung gets better than the previous year and so does Apple, however it seems as though Samsung gives you more for your money to be honest.
I sometimes wonder why/how can Samsung put this much technology into a smartphone and charge less than Apple does. Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products.
Don't get me wrong I like my Apple products as well as the eco system and my Xs Max, but I do wish my device had comparable tech specs to Samsung for the same pricing...just sayin'

I agree. Compared to the S10+ the XS Max is quite a bit behind. Still a great device, but the S10+ is significantly better and provides more value for money. Looks like Apple will be playing catch-up with the iPhone XI.

And to those users who might come along and say “Oh, but Android software sucks!”: That doesn’t counter Spencerdl’s point, because hardware wise Samsung has managed to cram in way more than Apple (PowerShare, expandable storage, headphone jack, in-display fingerprint sensor, 5 cameras and a much bigger battery etc) whilst still managing to keep the costs lower.

Apple makes more profit than Samsung because the difference between selling price and cost of manufacture for their devices is higher. So for example (not exact figures) if Apple makes a device for $650 they will sell it for $1000. If Samsung makes a device for $700 they will sell it for $850.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have no hopes for the iPhone 11, because I’m not going to buy one ! now the 12S that might be the year,
To be fair, I don’t use half of the functions of my XS, and spend more time with a new phone turning things off than on, usually for power saving reasons.
So hopes for the 12S, a better battery, 5g working perfectly( and cheap enough to use !) much better security. Done.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple makes more profit than Samsung because the difference between selling price and cost of manufacture for their devices is higher. So for example (not exact figures) if Apple makes a device for $650 they will sell it for $1000. If Samsung makes a device for $700 they will sell it for $850.

LOL. Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic when I said "Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products"

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
LOL. Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic when I said "Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products"

I know you know XD...understood that much from your comment. Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Samsung puts too much half baked tech in their products. They operate from a lets hit with all we got. If one fails, they won’t notice because the other stuff will work anyway.

Apple on the other hand only puts a handful or even maybe less novelties in their products, which in turn are held to higher standard.
I’ll happily pay top dollar to a good working product then pay less for half working products.

I know you know XD...understood that much from your comment. Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.

That’s just it. Apple has never been a company to attract mainstream buyers with small pockets. They have lined themselves with semi luxury- to luxury companies. This also explains why their profit margins are much much higher than that of their competitors.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Samsung puts too much half baked tech in their products. They operate from a lets hit with all we got. If one fails, they won’t notice because the other stuff will work anyway.

Apple on the other hand only puts a handful or even maybe less novelties in their products, which in turn are held to higher standard.
I’ll happily pay top dollar to a good working product then pay less for half working products.

That’s just it. Apple has never been a company to attract mainstream buyers with small pockets. They have lined themselves with semi luxury- to luxury companies. This also explains why their profit margins are much much higher than that of their competitors.

Can’t argue with either of these points on what has happened thus far. Will it continue like this? I’m not sure.

Samsung seems to be getting better and better with these features. Most of them are pretty solid from what I see so they are no longer novelties but features people use and want.

Second, even the luxury companies and consumers are tiring of paying higher and higher prices. Thus the drop in sales the last few quarters. Seems Apple is moving more into services like streaming TV rather than just relying on hardware. I guess we’ll have to see where it goes.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Can’t argue with either of these points on what has happened thus far. Will it continue like this? I’m not sure.

Samsung seems to be getting better and better with these features. Most of them are pretty solid from what I see so they are no longer novelties but features people use and want.

Second, even the luxury companies and consumers are tiring of paying higher and higher prices. Thus the drop in sales the last few quarters. Seems Apple is moving more into services like streaming TV rather than just relying on hardware. I guess we’ll have to see where it goes.

I agree. Apart from Bixby all of Samsung’s features aren’t half-baked, they actually work pretty well and are useful ever since the S9. The S10+ is packed with features and all of them work perfectly well.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I agree. Apart from Bixby all of Samsung’s features aren’t half-baked, they actually work pretty well and are useful ever since the S9. The S10+ is packed with features and all of them work perfectly well.

The big thing would be support. I know what to expect from Apple but not so with Samsung.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

At one point would have agreed with you, but not now, not with the last couple of "top of the line" devices released by Samsung.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Android has come a long way from when I was with them. The only thing that would push me over the fence, the call quality on my 8 Plus.
Like my 7 Plus, it’s terrible. Not sure if it’s the network it’s on, or the phone.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
.... Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.
I knew the name calling would eventually appear. There are no ”sheep” here, but there are a good deal of people who simply prefer the iPhone over anything else, regardless of the specs or the customization abilities.

Choice, preference and taste still exists and justifying them are not required.

Last edited:

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I knew the name calling would eventually appear. There are non”sheep” here, but there are a good deal of people who simply prefer the iPhone over anything else, regardless of the specs or the customization abilities.

Choice, preference and taste still exists and justifying them are not required.

I wasn’t saying everyone here is an Apple sheep. Most users are here because (as you said) they prefer Apple products and take interest in them. However, I wouldn’t dismiss the notion of someone to angrily disagree and launch a tirade. I’m not insulting anybody in particular, it’s a ‘just in case phrase’. Every forum has someone like that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wasn’t saying everyone here is an Apple sheep. Most users are here because (as you said) they prefer Apple products and take interest in them. However, I wouldn’t dismiss the notion of someone to angrily disagree and launch a tirade. I’m not insulting anybody in particular, it’s a ‘just in case phrase’. Every forum has someone like that.

I hear what you’re saying, but look at it from this perspective - Your avatar is of an Android holding an Apple pie and you stated “...in case some Apple sheep on this forum...”.

Using the term was unnecessary is all I’m saying.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I hear what you’re saying, but look at it from this perspective - Your avatar is of an Android holding an Apple pie and you stated “...in case some Apple sheep on this forum...”.

Using the term was unnecessary is all I’m saying.

Ok, I gotcha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR