Trade in and save big📱:Get an iPhone 11 for free
    Apple makes more profit than Samsung because the difference between selling price and cost of manufacture for their devices is higher. So for example (not exact figures) if Apple makes a device for $650 they will sell it for $1000. If Samsung makes a device for $700 they will sell it for $850.
    LOL. Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic when I said "Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products"
    08-17-2019 08:51 AM
    LOL. Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic when I said "Makes me think Apple is overcharging for their products"
    I know you know XD...understood that much from your comment. Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.
    08-17-2019 10:25 AM
    Samsung puts too much half baked tech in their products. They operate from a lets hit with all we got. If one fails, they won’t notice because the other stuff will work anyway.

Apple on the other hand only puts a handful or even maybe less novelties in their products, which in turn are held to higher standard.
    I’ll happily pay top dollar to a good working product then pay less for half working products.

I know you know XD...understood that much from your comment. Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.
    That’s just it. Apple has never been a company to attract mainstream buyers with small pockets. They have lined themselves with semi luxury- to luxury companies. This also explains why their profit margins are much much higher than that of their competitors.
    08-17-2019 11:04 AM
    Samsung puts too much half baked tech in their products. They operate from a lets hit with all we got. If one fails, they won’t notice because the other stuff will work anyway.

Apple on the other hand only puts a handful or even maybe less novelties in their products, which in turn are held to higher standard.
    I’ll happily pay top dollar to a good working product then pay less for half working products.

That’s just it. Apple has never been a company to attract mainstream buyers with small pockets. They have lined themselves with semi luxury- to luxury companies. This also explains why their profit margins are much much higher than that of their competitors.
    Can’t argue with either of these points on what has happened thus far. Will it continue like this? I’m not sure.

Samsung seems to be getting better and better with these features. Most of them are pretty solid from what I see so they are no longer novelties but features people use and want.

Second, even the luxury companies and consumers are tiring of paying higher and higher prices. Thus the drop in sales the last few quarters. Seems Apple is moving more into services like streaming TV rather than just relying on hardware. I guess we’ll have to see where it goes.
    Golurk, Spencerdl and Tartarus like this.
    08-17-2019 11:41 AM
    Can’t argue with either of these points on what has happened thus far. Will it continue like this? I’m not sure.

Samsung seems to be getting better and better with these features. Most of them are pretty solid from what I see so they are no longer novelties but features people use and want.

Second, even the luxury companies and consumers are tiring of paying higher and higher prices. Thus the drop in sales the last few quarters. Seems Apple is moving more into services like streaming TV rather than just relying on hardware. I guess we’ll have to see where it goes.
    I agree. Apart from Bixby all of Samsung’s features aren’t half-baked, they actually work pretty well and are useful ever since the S9. The S10+ is packed with features and all of them work perfectly well.
    08-17-2019 11:56 AM
    I agree. Apart from Bixby all of Samsung’s features aren’t half-baked, they actually work pretty well and are useful ever since the S9. The S10+ is packed with features and all of them work perfectly well.
    The big thing would be support. I know what to expect from Apple but not so with Samsung.
    08-17-2019 12:57 PM
    At one point would have agreed with you, but not now, not with the last couple of "top of the line" devices released by Samsung.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-17-2019 01:31 PM
    Android has come a long way from when I was with them. The only thing that would push me over the fence, the call quality on my 8 Plus.
    Like my 7 Plus, it’s terrible. Not sure if it’s the network it’s on, or the phone.
    Last edited by joemd60; 08-18-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    08-17-2019 08:35 PM
    .... Just saying it in case some Apple sheep on this forum launch an angry tirade lol.
    I knew the name calling would eventually appear. There are no ”sheep” here, but there are a good deal of people who simply prefer the iPhone over anything else, regardless of the specs or the customization abilities.

Choice, preference and taste still exists and justifying them are not required.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-18-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    08-18-2019 05:39 AM
    I knew the name calling would eventually appear. There are non”sheep” here, but there are a good deal of people who simply prefer the iPhone over anything else, regardless of the specs or the customization abilities.

Choice, preference and taste still exists and justifying them are not required.
    I wasn’t saying everyone here is an Apple sheep. Most users are here because (as you said) they prefer Apple products and take interest in them. However, I wouldn’t dismiss the notion of someone to angrily disagree and launch a tirade. I’m not insulting anybody in particular, it’s a ‘just in case phrase’. Every forum has someone like that.
    08-18-2019 05:58 AM
    I wasn’t saying everyone here is an Apple sheep. Most users are here because (as you said) they prefer Apple products and take interest in them. However, I wouldn’t dismiss the notion of someone to angrily disagree and launch a tirade. I’m not insulting anybody in particular, it’s a ‘just in case phrase’. Every forum has someone like that.
    I hear what you’re saying, but look at it from this perspective - Your avatar is of an Android holding an Apple pie and you stated “...in case some Apple sheep on this forum...”.

Using the term was unnecessary is all I’m saying.
    08-18-2019 06:16 AM
    I hear what you’re saying, but look at it from this perspective - Your avatar is of an Android holding an Apple pie and you stated “...in case some Apple sheep on this forum...”.

Using the term was unnecessary is all I’m saying.
    Ok, I gotcha.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-18-2019 06:24 AM
    My nephew is loosing his mind over the S10+
    If you played with Note 10 plus, you might say good choice.
    The new iPhone 11 gets me bored!
    08-21-2019 09:00 PM
    If you played with Note 10 plus, you might say good choice.
    The new iPhone 11 gets me bored!
    Don’t trust the rumors.

Keep an open mind and we will see what Apple has in store next month
    08-21-2019 09:11 PM
    Don’t trust the rumors.

Sure, I know I will get a new phone no matter that they offer
    08-21-2019 09:23 PM
    Don’t trust the rumors.

Leaks do tend to be true though, if you consider the leaks from the past few years on the design and specs of the S/N10, Mate 20 Pro and iPhone XS.
    08-23-2019 06:09 AM
    It would be nice if Apple blow it out of the water with this year’s release. I’m happy with my XS Max, but I’m bored with iOS. I really hope iOS 13 is leaps and bounds better than iOS 12. I even went so far as to not jump on the beta train, so that my XS Max can feel new next month, and give me another reason not to upgrade my device.
    08-23-2019 07:26 AM
    It is all about the hump cameras
    08-25-2019 11:29 PM
    I’ve gone back and forth. I typically buy new each year selling my prior device. I got engaged this year and will be getting married soon. So (1) I need the extra money and (2) while I don’t have to ask permission, I’ve got someone else now that I have to factor in when spending $1000 on anything!
    08-26-2019 06:03 AM
    I usually upgrade every year but the more I think about it the more I think I won’t upgrade in two weeks. Phone plans with my phone company have increased from $134 a month to $160 a month for the same XS Max. I shudder to think what the new phone will cost for not much difference
    09-02-2019 08:04 AM
    I hope we have more color options on the Standard iphone.
    09-03-2019 01:17 AM
    Triple camera setup, A13 Bionic chip and faster Face ID than the XS Max.
    09-03-2019 02:00 AM
    Planing to buy my first iPhone from this 11 series. I hope the price in India is a bit less compare to the older xs and xs max.
    09-06-2019 01:29 AM
    Planing to buy my first iPhone from this 11 series. I hope the price in India is a bit less compare to the older xs and xs max.
    My guess is every model will cost the same as its predecessor. If you want to save some money you can always get the iPhone 11 (as it’s rumored to be called), which is replacing iPhone XR. Or, even better, grab one of 2018’s models at a discount once this year’s phones are released.
    09-06-2019 05:19 AM
    Have Apple announced yet where you can watch the launch event?
    09-06-2019 06:23 AM
50 12