Touch ID vs FaceID

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I guess I'm not really against Face ID..I work with gloves on and used iris recognition on my Galaxy S8. But I like the convenience of Touch ID for Apple Pay instead of holding a phone to my face each time.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I was very against Face ID and its suggested lack of security, but was forced by the desire for my new phone to be updateable (?) for as long as possible, into accepting it. It is slightly annoying but works well for me. I do not use Apple pay so see no downside in that direction.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
I was very against Face ID and its suggested lack of security, but was forced by the desire for my new phone to be updateable (?) for as long as possible, into accepting it. It is slightly annoying but works well for me. I do not use Apple pay so see no downside in that direction.

Granted. Different needs for different folks. If I had the money I'd get the iPhone 8/+. It's recent and will probably have more longevity than the 7 in lifespan and updateability.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've mentioned in another thread that I've seen the best set up from "The Dark Side" in that both Face ID & Touch ID could run simultaneously. The physical location of the touch ID sensor was a bit clunky ( on back of handset) but it showed off its strength when Face wouldn't open phone in either very bright sunlight or near darkness, then it was Touch to the rescue....Security numbers only needed to be used after an android OS update. Phones were mid-range and very capable. Can't speak for durability though although they were from a VERY popular brand.

Last edited:

ivigneshwaran

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
Face ID is better than the Touch ID. Because when your hands got wet and wrinkles it won't recognise you. But face ID will recognise you even you've beard, wearing sunglasses etc..... It's much better than Touch ID.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Rather than scanning for a pulse and ridges, FaceID scans 30,000 individual points on your face. It just happens to be harder to fool.

But Face ID can be fooled from what I’ve read. No two people have a similar fingerprint however. To me Touch ID is safer, but only slightly. Face ID is much more convenient I’ve found though.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
But Face ID can be fooled from what I’ve read. No two people have a similar fingerprint however. To me Touch ID is safer, but only slightly. Face ID is much more convenient I’ve found though.

TouchID can be fooled much more often than FaceID. No two people have the same fingerprint true, but TouchID isn’t scanning that thoroughly. FaceID can be fooled yes, anything can be fooled, but it is much harder to fool FaceID due to how many things it checking for verification. And if FaceID scanned the entire face it would be more secure still, but also slower and the people don’t want slower. For now FaceID scans the eyes and nose area. But again, 30,000 individual points, every single scan. You are far less likely to have similar enough scans with FaceID than you would have similar enough ridges on your fingertips for TouchID.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If all that is true, then that there is a good reason why Face ID is a better option then. I can definitely see why  has chosen it for their devices.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Although I didn’t like the idea of face id I ended up with it on my XS, it’s ok. I would prefer touch id on my next phone, it is definitely more secure.
Someone can pick up my XS and pass it past my face in two seconds,and the thing will be open.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I really liked Touch ID on my previous phones, and when I upgraded to the 11 Pro Max (from the 8 Plus) I wasn’t to sure about Face ID, but then I saw the option “Require attention attention for Face ID”, so I’m using it now, but do miss Touch ID.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2