I think all the new iPhones this fall will have the notch, and no home button.
    01-25-2018 01:03 AM
    I think all the new iPhones this fall will have the notch, and no home button.
    I think so too.
    01-25-2018 01:34 AM
    I like the home button so I hope not. I did read on Appy Geek yesterday that they might still try to integrate the hidden home button under the glass (because they have had more time to perfect that task) and then you would have a choice you can toggle Home Button off or use gestures. I would like the choice and I would still use the home button.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-25-2018 03:02 AM
    I like the home button so I hope not. I did read on Appy Geek yesterday that they might still try to integrate the hidden home button under the glass (because they have had more time to perfect that task) and then you would have a choice you can toggle Home Button off or use gestures. I would like the choice and I would still use the home button.
    A home button or a fingerprint reader under the glass would be AWESOME.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    01-25-2018 06:13 AM
    I’ve read that the one phone that has an under-glass fp reader, the Vivo X20 Plus UD, limits how thick a screen protector can be. I know if I couldn’t use a tempered glass sp I’d be really bummed.
    01-25-2018 08:18 AM
    I’ve read that the one phone that has an under-glass fp reader, the Vivo X20 Plus UD, limits how thick a screen protector can be. I know if I couldn’t use a tempered glass sp I’d be really bummed.
    That’s Vivo. Apple would make it right.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-25-2018 10:00 AM
    After the X, any new phone still offering the big forehead and chin is out of date and spec with the forward movement of Apple phones
    01-25-2018 09:02 PM
    The 6.5 inch Xplus for me! Love my current X
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-27-2018 03:39 PM
    I really like the home button on my 8 plus. Maybe I'm old but I want it to stay on the front, if it's a button or under the display doesn't matter. The only thing that's important to me is that it's in the front display. I have my phone laying on a desk ore sitting in a car holder in my car and want easy access to unlock it
    toneytone and RaybanRJ like this.
    01-27-2018 04:49 PM
    I really like the home button on my 8 plus. Maybe I'm old but I want it to stay on the front, if it's a button or under the display doesn't matter. The only thing that's important to me is that it's in the front display. I have my phone laying on a desk ore sitting in a car holder in my car and want easy access to unlock it
    This.
    01-27-2018 07:29 PM
    No. Not next year anyway. If they do, it’ll be imbedded in the screen like those Vivo phones. I don’t think they’d just drop such a secure function.
    01-28-2018 07:26 AM
    I don’t think they’d just drop such a secure function.
    They already have dropped it, on the X.

It will remain on the 7 and 8 series until they drop them from the lineup but future models wont have it most likely since its proven to be unnecessary on the X. They could return it by placing it in the screen but something tells me Apple wont have that feature ready this year if they ever bother bringing it back.
    01-28-2018 12:28 PM
    Apple appears to be all in on FaceID and since no other company is able to compete with that (yet) and will likely take a few year to catch up they will keep that moving forward. Samsung however is rumored to be combining retina and facial recognition but not sure if that is going to be as efficient or solid.

As mentionied, I will be looking for the 6.5" X Plus if it arrives, the current X is good size wise but I do prefer the overall larger screen.
    01-30-2018 09:19 PM
    The 2019 'iPhone X' Will Feature Virtual Fingerprint Sensor As Forbes Believes Apple Will Make A Complete U-Turn
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.ICasR
    02-06-2018 06:50 PM
    What a guessing game it is. Everyone thinks they know what Apple will do.
    Last edited by tadpoles; 02-07-2018 at 01:36 AM.
    02-06-2018 08:40 PM
    What guessing game it is. Everyone thinks they know what Apple will do.
    I WANTS MA Home Button, so I’ll take anything I can cling to at this point!
    02-06-2018 09:45 PM
    Keep hope alive.
    02-07-2018 01:36 AM
    That's easy then, just keep using an iPhone 8 or older. No need to buy anything new or upgrade.
    02-07-2018 12:05 PM
    That's easy then, just keep using an iPhone 8 or older. No need to buy anything new or upgrade.
    I’ve got a seven now and I plan to use it for at least a couple of years or even a few years but now I kind of wish I held out for an eight because I want to go as long as possible with the home button obviously. Realistically the slow down happens after maybe a year and a half so it’s good to have the latest device possible.

Actually I digress I had to get the seven when I did because my 5C was killing me with the slowness
    02-07-2018 12:56 PM
    Your 7 should last you quite a while, and by the time you NEED to upgrade, the gesture based, button-less OS will be normal. I wouldn't doubt that they would have the gestures on the models with the home button too in future iOS revisions, so you will be able to brush up on it before your beloved button disappears for good.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    02-07-2018 01:05 PM
    Latest rumors are confirming that the upcoming fall models (all 3 of them) will get the FaceID camera tech. I don't see Apple doing an about face after hyping up FaceID so much.
    02-08-2018 09:03 PM
    Latest rumors are confirming that the upcoming fall models (all 3 of them) will get the FaceID camera tech. I don't see Apple doing an about face after hyping up FaceID so much.
    ...or after devoting the resources they must have to get it working as well as it already does, let alone their Fall 2nd gen FID devices.
    02-09-2018 02:36 PM
    FaceID does work well, most of the time, some quirks here and there. The big benefit is not having to hold your finger to the button to log in and just look at the display. That said I am considering an 8 plus and waiting to see if they launch a larger X series with FaceID. I just don't like the screen dimensions n this device. If an 8Plus sized device is all screen like the X is then that would be much nicer.
    02-10-2018 08:52 PM
    I agree. Face id gets annoying sometimes i don’t want to pick up my phone, i just want to see what is on the screen while the phone is laying on my desk.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    02-23-2018 03:11 AM
49 12