What naming plans do you think they have for future phone?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'd like to see one that so expensive that it would have to be called the "I have way more money than sense and don't care about my retirement" edition.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not a chance, only two things in life are a guarantee, death and taxes. Retirement is a great dream to have but most of us will be working long past the "retirement age".

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not a chance, only two things in life are a guarantee, death and taxes. Retirement is a great dream to have but most of us will be working long past the "retirement age".

Likely. If someone is in their 30’s and hasn’t started saving for retirement yet they’re going to find it increasingly difficult to retire in their 60’s. Still, it isn’t a dream if you put a plan in place early on enough and stick to it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Likely. If someone is in their 30’s and hasn’t started saving for retirement yet they’re going to find it increasingly difficult to retire in their 60’s. Still, it isn’t a dream if you put a plan in place early on enough and stick to it.
I opened my first ira account at 25 and still don't think I can retire in my 60's unless I win the lottery.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Possible but not likely they would name the X replacement the Xs and Xs Plus, but recent rumors seem to indicate they will go iPhone 9 & iPhone 11 but that doesn't make sense. Perhaps just call them iPhone 11, 11s and 11s Plus and update from there. Just adding an "s" every other year for the same exact phone with just a minor bump in spec is what people complain about on the Android side but don't necessarily slam Apple for (some do, most haven't).

Perhaps its also time to reboot the name scheme all together if they are going for 3 phones, like they did with the iPads.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
With the I think confirmed rumors of AndroidOS abandoning their lettering/candy combo for OS updates and switching to numbers like the upcoming Android 10 OS, I think it’s time for an Apple refresh, but I don’t think now is the time. With the 5.8” XS, 6.1” XR, and 6.5” XS Max only getting some updates this year in my opinion and 11, 11R, 11 Max makes sense. BUT:

In 2020 if the rumors are true of a smaller 5.4”, a 6.1” remains, and then a bigger 6.7”, I think that’s the opportunity for an iPhone Air, iPhone, and iPhone Pro like naming to begin. Just my 2cents and a lot of “rumors” would need to come to fruition. That said, dying for a 5.4” with a big battery...wishful thinking?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Keep it simple I always say. iPhone 11...S, M, L, XL. Simple, and of course the XL would include the kitchen sink (Apple standards). ..LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods