iPhone keeps disconnecting from WiFi

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Lately my iPhone has been acting weird where it randomly disconnects from my home Wi-Fi. I have to then join the network again and re-enter the Wi-Fi password as if I were joining it for the first time. It’s running iOS 14.3.

Wife and kids also have iPhones, XR and 7, but they’re not experiencing this issue.

Anybody else have this happen to them? If so, how were you able to fix it?

Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
First try updating to iOS 14.4. If it persists, then try Reset All Settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms. Let us know if this works or not.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
First try updating to iOS 14.4. If it persists, then try Reset All Settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms. Let us know if this works or not.

Thx for the suggestion. I thought of doing this but more importantly I wanted to know what is the issue at hand actually causing this to happen?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thx for the suggestion. I thought of doing this but more importantly I wanted to know what is the issue at hand actually causing this to happen?

Maybe just a glitch in the software. The only way to know is to follow all the troubleshooting steps. You might try Reset Network Settings. Then sign back in to your wifi. The last step would be to wipe your iPhone and set it up as new, not from a back up. This kind of problem is usually software. The actual cause may never be known. Updating to iOS 14.4 might fix it. Reset Network Settings usually fixes issues with wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711