Anyone experiencing weird things with their 8s?

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
My iphone 8 is experiencing some weird things happening lately. No notification sounds unless the screen is on and unlocked, various apps lock up and fast battery drain at times as well.

My watch is also acting up, no notifications, super fast battery drain etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you restore both the iPhone and watch and set them up as new devices.

kojackjku

May 26, 2016
Visit site
Please explain further. What is a resync? Also are iOS devices supposed to show up on network lists even when you have hotspot turned off?

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Please explain further. What is a resync? Also are iOS devices supposed to show up on network lists even when you have hotspot turned off?

To re-sync, go to the watch app on your iPhone>General>Reset>Rest Sync Data. As far as showing up on Network lists, you don't need to have the hotspot enabled, you need to be attached to a network.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Ringer not ringing for some calls. Message notifications not sounding for some messages. Waze voice is a whisper. Shut down and restarting not soft reset. Had phone for less than a year.

Slash82

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Sometimes I have that notification problem, especially when it comes to phone calls.
But I blame iOS13 for it (not the iPhone 8) - same for battery life, latest versions of iOS13 eat way more battery than the earlier ones and the latest iOS12 ones.
The only thing you could try is to reload iOS completely

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Apple never made an 8s so we know your talking about the iPhone 8

Just follow D’s advice and set it up as new and you should be back up and running normally again

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Every once in a while I notice I do not get notifications for any of my emails, so I check on the notifications settings and the sound is checked off for some reason. This happens usually after an iOS update and it is the first thing I look at but I’ve had it once a week now usually for at least three weeks

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711