Bought a new iPhone 8 yesterday

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
That’s somewhat odd. Try resetting the network settings.

Well I see the option to “forget” the wifi I am on (new modem) so I’m wondering if you have to be connected to it to actually remove the older one. But I am travelling right now so

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well I see the option to “forget” the wifi I am on (new modem) so I’m wondering if you have to be connected to it to actually remove the older one. But I am travelling right now so

Yes, unless it’s the same network, for example: iMore and iMore_5GHz.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Yes, unless it’s the same network, for example: iMore and iMore_5GHz.

Yeah like I’m visiting family right now and in the summer they had to put a new modem because the signal was too weak and they said that the old signal would eventually disappear it would be canceled, but because my iPhone 8 is brand new and I’m at this house with it for the first time I can’t seem to get rid of it and it’s causing some issues but I think it’ll be OK it’s not too serious

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Can someone please tell me why when I use my Google app and it’s searching the results for about a second it flashes red bar at the top of the screen. I don’t have the screen recording on or anything like that but like what’s going on is my phone spying on me or something

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
OK I tried a couple of different apps and turn the camera permissions off and it’s a FaceApp.

Edit: Nope red flash is back on when googling

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK I tried a couple of different apps and turn the camera permissions off and it’s a FaceApp.

Edit: Nope red flash is back on when googling

I've never seen that red flash. But haven't used that app in a long time. Do you use the microphone on the Google app? If so, it may be to let you know the mic is working.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I bought one yesterday too. I need a backup in case my 7+ fails, because I have a medical device connected to the 7+. It will also be my work phone once I start in my new field. The hard drive is only half the 7+, which means I will not have nearly as many apps on the 8. I look forward to working with it.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I got a buddy who refuses to give up his iPhone 6. His battery health is still 90% which is unbelievable he only has three apps on it and he has to charge it about every two days. The thing with me is I won’t have a phone without iOS updates anymore because I have banking apps and stuff. So as long as I can get three solid years of updates with the iPhone 8 I’m happy because by then the battery will probably be kaput anyway as I usually have 50 apps running in the background.

That's a lot of apps! I have 4-5 at a time usually, very seldom more.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Haha yeah definitely not worth changing a battery on an older phone because the processor will just get slower and slower. I had a new battery put on my iPhone 5c after a year and a half because it was toast but that’s about the time the processor wouldn’t load pages quickly anymore so it’s just not worth it. It was only 50 bucks to change the battery at a little independent electronics place but still.

I have a 7+ I got at least a year ago, see attached. According to Apple Support, battery health is slightly over 70%. When should I expect to have to upgrade again? US $1000+ is really not in the budget.
b98c24898871f6c4d9d949fcb20981e0.jpg

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a 7+ I got at least a year ago, see attached. According to Apple Support, battery health is slightly over 70%. When should I expect to have to upgrade again? US $1000+ is really not in the budget.
b98c24898871f6c4d9d949fcb20981e0.jpg

Judging 'when' you would need to upgrade isn't really something anyone can truly pinpoint. It would just be a guess really. That said, though, you also don't have to spend another $1,000 if your iPhone 7 Plus is continuing to work for you otherwise. You can just get the battery replaced for $50. - https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/battery-power

macintoshmac

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
I bought an iPhone 8 in mid-2018. So far, I love the device, as I loved my 7 that I passed on within the family (replacing a 5s for them).

Despite being 2020 now, the phone still holds its performance and is no slouch by any means. Currently I am on the dev beta 13.3.1, and this thing is smooth and stable. For my needs from a phone that include rare use of camera, light calling, light gaming, moderate amounts of browsing and watching videos, and using a few apps regularly, totalling to about 4-5 hours a day, the iPhone 8 is not getting replaced by anything newer anytime soon.

@RaybanRJ, you are right, the bezels do help me too. They could be reduced, yes, but that's another subject. This is a great device to buy new, even today.

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I bought one yesterday too. I need a backup in case my 7+ fails, because I have a medical device connected to the 7+. It will also be my work phone once I start in my new field. The hard drive is only half the 7+, which means I will not have nearly as many apps on the 8. I look forward to working with it.

Let know if you get much heat off the wireless charging pads if you’re going to use one

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Judging 'when' you would need to upgrade isn't really something anyone can truly pinpoint. It would just be a guess really. That said, though, you also don't have to spend another $1,000 if your iPhone 7 Plus is continuing to work for you otherwise. You can just get the battery replaced for $50. - https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/battery-power

If I’m not mistaken Apple says at about 80% battery health you need a new battery. My iPhone 7 was 87% and I had to charge it like three times a day it was ridiculous. But I mean at 100% if I talked on the phone for 10 minutes it was down to 70%, I think that’s pretty bad

RaybanRJ

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
Hey if anyone can help me I really would like a battery alarm app that let you know when your phone is 100% I bought this one for a dollar because it was recommended off google is one of the top five, and I message the guy because it doesn’t work he said they’re working on an iOS 13 compatibility update but that was like weeks ago so I don’t think it’s going to be fixed so please does anyone know of a good one I’ve tried several free ones none of them work isn’t there a single one of these that work?

79da1c795a1993039162e00f9807fdcc.jpg

sharat3

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I bought a new iPhone in December 2019 because the X,XS & 11 Pro are way too expensive for me..the XR & 11 are way too big for me size wise..so far I’m happy with the 8.. 😀

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR